Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Contacting the magazines with a unique subject...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contacting the magazines with a unique subject...

Hi...

On my last spotting trip to FLL I took two photos of a subject which made my jaw drop in surprise at its appearance, and I wanted to possibly submit them to the magazines ala Airways, Airliner World, or Airliners for inclusion, and since I have no experience with the magazines other than being a loyal reader I wanted to know how I might go about that...the photos on JP are here:

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=252821
    http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=252820
    (Of course for the magazines I would edit them to be improved)

Thanks so much,
    Greg
    Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

EAfrica

That is a former Midwest Express plane, probably repainted here in the US and making its way back to Africa.

Here is a pic taken by Gregg Stansberry of that plane in its old colours. http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=134728
    DFW Tower.com

Comment

My guess is that has already been covered but there should be an email listed in the "news photos" section of Airliners or Airways magazines.

Comment

Alot of heat haze in those photos.If you can improve them for a magazine then why not improve them before you upload them to JP.net?

Although I don't know what can be done to improve heat haze?

Scott
        "It's better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought a fool, then to open it and remove all
        doubt."

Comment

The heat haze was definitely a problem that day unfortunately...not sure what can be done about it though?

N674UW

Comment

Nothing can be done about the heat haze. Due to that, the quality isn't good enough to be in the magazines. Better luck next time.

Comment

Ok, Ive just gone out on a limb anyways and written Airways and they say theyd be interested in it but they need a 300 dpi picture...Im not sure if my photo qualifies for that or not...the images that I sent them were cropped shots whose quality is far below the original out of the camera...how do I check to see the dpi of the original (which is far better than what I sent them as a sample)???

Thanks again,
              Greg

Comment

Page 63 of the June 2004 Airways...can't believe my own eyes!

Comment

Working...
                X