No announcement yet.

Spotting at LHR help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there any toilet facilities and cheap food facilities somewhere near/in hatton cross?

im assuming that myrtle ave residents dont offer toilet and a meal service to the spotters...
    Not unless you are looking for a chicken tika masala

Comment

Originally posted by egll
      Latest news from LHR is that they switched to runway 09 operations half an hour ago, expect 09R take offs tomorrow so head to Hatton Cross for take offs.
      good photography still possible yeah?
      i was looking forward to landing shots but if t/o views are good and easily possible then i wont be disappointed

Comment

There not fantastic unless you have a big b*sted lens and shoot them once there cleaning up.

Comment

Originally posted by u2o
          one FINAL question (i hope)...

is there any toilet facilities and cheap food facilities somewhere near/in hatton cross?

im assuming that myrtle ave residents dont offer toilet and a meal service to the spotters...
          Theres a BP garage near to Myrtle Avenue. Thats the only place I know for some grub

Comment

ah cheers

well looks like this is my last post before i set off to heathrow tomorrow morning (2 hour journey).

hopefully i'll get some decent shots that i can post on JP, otherwise i'll just enjoy the sun (well thats what the weather forecast predicts anyway).

Comment

and now im back

it was so unfortunate that myrtle view was take off. id love to go back to myrtle avenue when its landing on 27L (i believe). nevertheless i enjoyed my time there (altho my camera was just too crap to get any excellent quality shots, but then one could argue its the photographer ... more zoom would have been good).

what are the chances of aircrafts landing on this runway sometime next week?

Comment

I, too was at Heathrow on Good Friday - April 9 taking pics of departures from a mound near Terminal 4 - needed the full length of the 100-400 nevertheless, but a great if not lonely spot. Pics have been posted on JP.net but 1500 pics in the queue might take a day or two to clear at a guess. Folks?

Example of what I took...

www.tonyosborne.co.uk

Comment

my shots were all cr@p to be honest, i think landing shots would be better from where i was.

i didnt have a good enough zoom on my camera to get any decent shots.

Comment

Working...
                  X