ADVICE NEEDED ON CAMERA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SWA733Caprain
    Hell no, I wouldn't trade anything for my D30. Well, mabye a 10D, but that's besides the point
    My point exactly

Comment

Ok all the digital guys are going to hate me for this but think about it.
      I'm a digital shooter (D30) and I would not say I hate you...

I agree, the film SLR route is a legitimate option with low startup costs with a S/H SLR off E-bay but then as you say there's the cost of a scanner and the film & developing costs to consider. It does however teach you what you need to know about using an SLR before moving into the DSLR realm... if that's where you'd want to go.

Cheers!

Rez

Comment

Also taking pics of planes would be a big waste of film. As of now with the 300D i shoot sequences of 4 per aircraft. And only keep the one that comes out best. So that would be a big waste of film for inferior quality. If you are on a budget there are some P n' Shoot cameras that can shoot RAW and aren't terribly expensive and the quality and ease would be better than a film.

Comment

What I did was look at some pictures here and checked what that person used to photograph it. I also checked some camera stores for the price(I bought popular photography magazine which has some good stores that have it for cheap), and then I asked some people here who have it and then I may get it.

Comment

Hey there,

I have a Kodak 2.0mp digi cam as well, though it's for real basic point and click type photos.. definitely cannot take decent airliner snaps unless you're standing right beside it!

I currently use an Olympus C-740... great camera and it can be had for cheap!
            My Jetphotos.net Images

Comment

Working...
            X