Similar photo rejection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Similar photo rejection

I feel that this photo was rejected incorrectly for similar (appeal rejected too, so can't deal with it that way.
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

This photo was taken from a different location and looking almost the opposite direction to https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8930206, my only other photo of this reg. The screeners reply was "location is the same angle is similar",
    The aircraft in the recently uploaded photo was taken on the Mainland Air apron while the one already accepted was taken on taxiway C. The backgrounds of the photos are reasonably significantly different, so I don't feel this should have been rejected.

Any advice on this would be good.

Also, I know I've got my own thread but I thought this deserved its own

Comment

Originally posted by NZDN_spotting View Post
      I feel that this photo was rejected incorrectly for similar (appeal rejected too, so can't deal with it that way.
      JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

This photo was taken from a different location and looking almost the opposite direction to https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8930206, my only other photo of this reg. The screeners reply was "location is the same angle is similar",
      The aircraft in the recently uploaded photo was taken on the Mainland Air apron while the one already accepted was taken on taxiway C. The backgrounds of the photos are reasonably significantly different, so I don't feel this should have been rejected.

Any advice on this would be good.
      Main killer is: the aircraft is shown in a very similar angle and framing.
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

As Gerardo says, the framing and angle of view are very similar. The backgrounds are also very similar comprising grassland, trees and hills. The specific location on the airfield is not relevant. as the subject is the aircraft, not the ground that it is standing on.
        Personally speaking I prefer this image to your original and if it was me I would delete your first image and upload this one.
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
          As Gerardo says, the framing and angle of view are very similar. The backgrounds are also very similar comprising grassland, trees and hills. The specific location on the airfield is not relevant. as the subject is the aircraft, not the ground that it is standing on.
          Personally speaking I prefer this image to your original and if it was me I would delete your first image and upload this one.
          The problem is, that's the background you get from any angle at NZDN, other than from inside the tower.

Comment

The similar background is not what caused the main rejection. It is the fact that the angle of view and the framing are very similar that led to the rejection. Both images also show the aircraft on the ground so you cannot even claim different phases of flight. If one image had shown a rotation on takeoff or a puff of tyre smoke on landing then you might have got away with it.
            Unfortunately this is one of those “razors edge” decisions. Unfortunately the decision went against you.

Comment

Hello,
              Had encountered same rejection reason, and wonder why, a lot, about this matter: If same plane at take-off contradict a landing picture. That's to say, why rejected this post on a take-off:

and why contradict this first picture of mine posted on a landing:

4X-ABG. Airbus A320-232. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Reckon its same side of the plane, but on landing flaps and landing gear were extracted, and on the take-off picture the gear was already up, and the angle of the plane completely differ.
              I had appealed and was rejected.
              And as said, wonder why?
              Sincerely,,
              Ike Harel

Comment

Originally posted by ikeharel View Post
                Hello,
                Had encountered same rejection reason, and wonder why, a lot, about this matter: If same plane at take-off contradict a landing picture. That's to say, why rejected this post on a take-off:

and why contradict this first picture of mine posted on a landing:

4X-ABG. Airbus A320-232. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Reckon its same side of the plane, but on landing flaps and landing gear were extracted, and on the take-off picture the gear was already up, and the angle of the plane completely differ.
                I had appealed and was rejected.
                And as said, wonder why?
                Sincerely,,
                Ike Harel
                Hmmm, well, if one shot was a landing and the other was a takeoff then according to the upload guidelines both shots should be accepted....
                2.6 Similar

Means that you have a similar photo already in the database. Please upload only your best photos, try to be creative. Similar refers to:
                - a photo taken from the same sequence the same day e. landing, taxiing, ramp parking or take off
                or
                - same registration, similar angle or composition or same background taken on different dates.
                - Close up views and full or partial views of an a/c taken at the same angle, are generally considered similar.

If a new upload is of a significantly better quality, we may consider accepting it.

We will only accept a certain number of cockpit or window shots taken in the same aircraft (normally no more than two).
                BUT.....

In your case the two images are very similar. Personally speaking I would only have uploaded one of them and I have to say that I think the screeners made the right decision here.
                Last edited by brianw999; 2020-01-04, 13:22.

Comment

Thanks Brian,
                  Limited approach to the airport area, not enable many opportunities - meaning, not everyone allow to take pictures inside the Ben-Gurion airport.. So, as same planes around, only one picture at each is acceptable.
                  Ike

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                    The similar background is not what caused the main rejection. It is the fact that the angle of view and the framing are very similar that led to the rejection. Both images also show the aircraft on the ground so you cannot even claim different phases of flight. If one image had shown a rotation on takeoff or a puff of tyre smoke on landing then you might have got away with it.
                    Unfortunately this is one of those “razors edge” decisions. Unfortunately the decision went against you.
                    I absolutely can see where you're coming from, however I still feel that the background is different enough (existing shot all grass, new shot half concrete half sky), and they were technically at different stages of flight - the existing shot was taxiing, and the new one was shut down between flights.

Comment

Can someone enlighten me more on what constitutes similar Photo as just got a reject for a frontal shot of an aircraft cockpit/noseleg and was rejected because simalr photo uploaded, when my previous photo on JP is a side angle shot of the whole aircraft and not frontal. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Ηi Ray. It would be easier for us to give you an answer, if you could provide the links of the two pictures in questio, the rejected and the accepted one.
                        https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/29739

Comment

Originally posted by Ray B View Post
                          Can someone enlighten me more on what constitutes similar Photo as just got a reject for a frontal shot of an aircraft cockpit/noseleg and was rejected because simalr photo uploaded, when my previous photo on JP is a side angle shot of the whole aircraft and not frontal. Thanks in advance.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	18906_1481876024.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	530.5 KB
ID:	1087578Click image for larger version

Name:	41795_1586805546.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	547.1 KB
ID:	1087579

https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...es-new-version

2.6 Similar

- same registration, similar angle or composition or same background taken on different dates.
                          - Close up views and full or partial views of an a/c taken at the same angle, are generally considered similar.

Negligible difference in angle, really. Difference in crop irrelevant when you're basically showing the same angle, as the guidelines clearly state.

Comment

Working...
                          X