Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about Hot photo

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Question about Hot photo


    Hi there. I would like to ask something.

    If a registration has only 1 photo in database, can I upload a recent photo of it as "Hot"?

    Thanks in advance for your response.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Kostas Marmarelis View Post
    Hi there. I would like to ask something.

    If a registration has only 1 photo in database, can I upload a recent photo of it as "Hot"?
    No.

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi.

      I would to have an answer in an issue that took place yesterday.

      I uploaded this photo yesterday evening
      https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9635681

      Before I upload the photo, I checked three times if this registration had a photo in order for me to know if it would be right to upload it as "Hot" and it didn't have any. So I uploaded it as "Hot".

      The photo was in screening for 47 minutes (!!!) that is too much time for a Hot photo of a plane without any other photo in the database. In other cases that I uploaded photos as Hot, they were screened immediately and the decision (accepted or rejected) was made in a matter of a few minutes (less then 10 minutes everytime...)

      After the 47 minutes, my photo was rejected as "Invalid Hot" cause in between those 47 minutes that my photo was in screening, there was another photo uploaded
      The other photo is this

      https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9635606

      After I saw this, I appealed the rejection and wrote exactly the same things I wrote here, my appeal was accepted and my photo was accepted but as the second one of that particular registration.

      And now I see that the badge for the first photo of this registration was given to the other photographer.

      You have the ability to check if my sayings are right or wrong by checking everything I say (when was each photo uploaded, how long was each photo in screening process etc.)

      My question is, how is it possible my appeal to be accepted, meaning that the screening team saw and understood the mistake they made, and afterwards to give the badge to another one that his photo was accepted as first by the screeners mistake.

      It is very disapponting for me to see this chain of events that lead to wrong results.

      I would appreciate any responsible answers and if there is a mistake from the screener's side, I would like to know in what way will the particular screneer that is responsible for that mistake, will be punished

      Yours sincerely,
      Kostas

      Comment


      • #4
        Dear Kostas,

        if you go planespotting for the badges, then you are doing something wrong. Just my 2 cents.....

        my regards

        Sotiris.
        https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/29739

        Comment


        • #5
          Hi Kostas,

          No one made a mistake. The uploader who received the 'first registration badge' uploaded his photo a few minutes before you which makes his photo deserves that badge. Please keep in mind screeners are volunteers so it may happen that hot photos stay in the queue for a while. We are doing our best to screen them as fast as possible. Your photo was accepted to be fair with the photographers who couldn't be aware that another photo was already in queue. Don't be rude or sad and enjoy our hobby.
          Last edited by Sandra; 2020-03-12, 16:56.

          Comment


          • #6
            To start with - I am not a screener - nor am I in any way related to jetphotos apart from an uploader myself.

            But, as a regular user of this site, to see a comment like this "I would appreciate any responsible answers and if there is a mistake from the screener's side, I would like to know in what way will the particular screneer that is responsible for that mistake, will be punished" - I personally would be asking why you are expecting volunteers - screeners are a volunteer position and they spend a lot of their personal time giving to this site - to be punished in any way. You expect way to much - it has been perfectly explained to you. I would expect a public apology now if I was anyway involved in with this site.

            Just my 0.02c worth as an uploader.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Kostas Marmarelis View Post
              I would appreciate any responsible answers and if there is a mistake from the screener's side, I would like to know in what way will the particular screneer that is responsible for that mistake, will be punished

              Yours sincerely,
              Kostas
              What exactly do you expect from us? I guess your message is already a slap in the face of every JP Crew member...
              If you are here just for "justice" and badges - maybe it's time to leave...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Kostas Marmarelis View Post
                Hi.

                I would to have an answer in an issue that took place yesterday.

                I uploaded this photo yesterday evening
                https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9635681

                Before I upload the photo, I checked three times if this registration had a photo in order for me to know if it would be right to upload it as "Hot" and it didn't have any. So I uploaded it as "Hot".

                The photo was in screening for 47 minutes (!!!) that is too much time for a Hot photo of a plane without any other photo in the database. In other cases that I uploaded photos as Hot, they were screened immediately and the decision (accepted or rejected) was made in a matter of a few minutes (less then 10 minutes everytime...)

                After the 47 minutes, my photo was rejected as "Invalid Hot" cause in between those 47 minutes that my photo was in screening, there was another photo uploaded
                The other photo is this

                https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9635606

                After I saw this, I appealed the rejection and wrote exactly the same things I wrote here, my appeal was accepted and my photo was accepted but as the second one of that particular registration.

                And now I see that the badge for the first photo of this registration was given to the other photographer.

                You have the ability to check if my sayings are right or wrong by checking everything I say (when was each photo uploaded, how long was each photo in screening process etc.)

                My question is, how is it possible my appeal to be accepted, meaning that the screening team saw and understood the mistake they made, and afterwards to give the badge to another one that his photo was accepted as first by the screeners mistake.

                It is very disapponting for me to see this chain of events that lead to wrong results.

                I would appreciate any responsible answers and if there is a mistake from the screener's side, I would like to know in what way will the particular screneer that is responsible for that mistake, will be punished

                Yours sincerely,
                Kostas
                I'm actually the one who accepted your appeal, but with an attitude like that, you're making me kind of regret that decision now..

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Sandra View Post
                  Hi Kostas,

                  No one made a mistake. The uploader who received the 'first registration badge' uploaded his photo a few minutes before you which makes his photo deserves that badge. Please keep in mind screeners are volunteers so it may happen that hot photos stay in the queue for a while. We are doing our best to screen them as fast as possible. Your photo was accepted to be fair with the photographers who couldn't be aware that another photo was already in queue. Don't be rude or sad and enjoy our hobby.
                  Thank you for explaining the situation. My intention wasn't to be rude at all.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by MarkLawrence View Post
                    To start with - I am not a screener - nor am I in any way related to jetphotos apart from an uploader myself.

                    But, as a regular user of this site, to see a comment like this "I would appreciate any responsible answers and if there is a mistake from the screener's side, I would like to know in what way will the particular screneer that is responsible for that mistake, will be punished" - I personally would be asking why you are expecting volunteers - screeners are a volunteer position and they spend a lot of their personal time giving to this site - to be punished in any way. You expect way to much - it has been perfectly explained to you. I would expect a public apology now if I was anyway involved in with this site.

                    Just my 0.02c worth as an uploader.
                    Hello. Sorry for my late response, I got home from work a few hours ago and was busy with my 3 year old son.

                    My sincere apologies for that, but as I said before I raised an issue explaining what I saw and I wanted an answer to understand what happened. Apparently my word was misunderstood, but anyway I apologize for not making clear what I meant.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TomEPKK View Post

                      What exactly do you expect from us? I guess your message is already a slap in the face of every JP Crew member...
                      If you are here just for "justice" and badges - maybe it's time to leave...
                      Hello, I apologize for that. I'm not here for the badges mate, if I was for that reason I would upload only photos of this kind of planes. But justice is something that should exist in any aspect of our lives, right?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                        I'm actually the one who accepted your appeal, but with an attitude like that, you're making me kind of regret that decision now..
                        Hello. Thanks for accepting my appeal, I think that I owe you also an apology but don't get me wrong, I don't have any attitude. If you still regret for your decision, I don't have any problem if you wish to delete my accepted photo. I really mean that, without any intention of being ironic.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Kostas,
                          I am no longer a crew member and your actions and attitudes are a small part of the reason for my resignation. I have to say that if I was still a screener I would be hitting the “Skip” button every time one of your uploads appears until such time as I see some kind of a sincere apology from you. All that fuss because someone else got a digital badge is bloody ridiculous.
                          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                            Kostas,
                            I am no longer a crew member and your actions and attitudes are a small part of the reason for my resignation. I have to say that if I was still a screener I would be hitting the “Skip” button every time one of your uploads appears until such time as I see some kind of a sincere apology from you. All that fuss because someone else got a digital badge is bloody ridiculous.
                            Your opinion is respected as any other opinion. Thanks. Probably my writings about the screeners punishment was wrong, Ok I understood that

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Thread closed now, as it seems op has understood how is comments were construed, and has apologized as such.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X