Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1920px shots showing in 1880px

Hi,
    I would think it must have been discussed here before, but unfortunately I cannot find it. So sorry if this is a re-post.

I found out that actually 1.920px photos are shown at a size of maximum 1.880 px on the website with a black border of 20px on each side. Worse as a result of being shown at not the real size, they look a lot less sharp.

I would assume that in order to view the shots inm 1920px you would need a monitor with a larger resolution (1.960+). As I don't have that and I guess most people use 1.920px these days, so realistically it only makes sense for me to upload at 1.880px max? I would like that people can see my shots in a sharp version, otherwise a bit senseless to edit them properly and then the majority cannot see the real size.

I'd be glad to have any feedback on this.

Thanks,
    Julien

Hi,
    I have written about this kind of problem... But no solution.

https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...m/63539-1920px

Comment

Originally posted by JK Photography View Post
      Hi,
      I would think it must have been discussed here before, but unfortunately I cannot find it. So sorry if this is a re-post.

I found out that actually 1.920px photos are shown at a size of maximum 1.880 px on the website with a black border of 20px on each side. Worse as a result of being shown at not the real size, they look a lot less sharp.

I would assume that in order to view the shots inm 1920px you would need a monitor with a larger resolution (1.960+). As I don't have that and I guess most people use 1.920px these days, so realistically it only makes sense for me to upload at 1.880px max? I would like that people can see my shots in a sharp version, otherwise a bit senseless to edit them properly and then the majority cannot see the real size.

I'd be glad to have any feedback on this.

Thanks,
      Julien
      Majority of users/viewers are on mobile devices, so it's a moot point really. Upload at whatever resolution you like, knowing that very few will actually look at the image at its native resolution.

Comment

Working...
      X