Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAMRPICS
    replied
    So as someone who has never had a screeners choice and probably never will do I claim JP discriminated against me for being a White Male.

No absolutely not because its a ridiculous thing to claim, I have friends who are of all races that either upload or used to that do have screeners choices who based off this claim wouldn't and its actually quite insulting to the JP Crew.

I may not be planning to upload here anymore after recent events, but despite that I think this is utterly ridiculous and extremely offensive to the crew.

On top of that, I don't rate that photo that much.

Leave a comment:

• darazarbaf
    replied
    What a shame.. Plane spotting is just a hobby..

Leave a comment:

• Raihan Ahmed
    replied
    Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
    Hi all,
    This is the unbelievable message we received yesterday.... As the person didn't even sign it I think I'll allow myself too share it with you...

Hello!
    This picture definitely deserves the screeners choices. Everyone knows. And if you look at the
    comments, people have said that.

EP-PUS. Ilyushin IL-76TD. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

We don't know why you didn't accept this beautiful shot as screeners choices. Please don't ruin
    Jetphotos with racism behaviours. Racism behaviours belong to stupid people. Not the screeners of
    Jetphotos.
    This picture got at least 130 likes with less than 2500 viewers!! So the picture was definitely
    good.

Thank you very much all! Just don't be racist. As it doesn't belong to the humans.

After I replied it was really ridiculous and that it was actually insulting that's the reply I got :

I didn't insult you! But said the truth.
    To convince me, show me a post from Iran that has ever been recently selected by the screeners as screeners choices. Then you're right.

Iran has some nice planes and good spotting locations. So definitely there should be a selected picture as screeners choices (ofc if you select the pictures fairly) . If you don't, so I'm right.

Well.....

This will keep happening unless people(Not all, some) is taking plane spotting as hobby rather than competition.
    Very unfortunate I must say.

Leave a comment:

• VH-ROB
    replied
    Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post

Nah, you were right, we just don't like Aussies

Just kidding, of course
    Fine by me, I'm not an Aussie I just live here haha

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    Originally posted by VH-ROB View Post
    I have over 1,000 photos in the database. It's taken me 7.5 years to get this far. I've never had screeners choice or photo of the week, and my images have been shared on the JP facebook page maybe 4/5 times throughout the whole time I've bee uploading. Judging by the Iranian's logic, does that mean that JetPhotos is racist towards me also? Of course not.
    Nah, you were right, we just don't like Aussies

Just kidding, of course

Leave a comment:

• Alex - Spot-This !
    replied
    Originally posted by pawelm View Post
    My two cents:

I often wonder why some shots are awarded with SC, and why some awesome shots aren't. We all know, that there are plenty of great shots in the data base that should be awarded with something special. Photo of the Week isn't as good, as it's just based on views, and you can get those by posting stuff on social media. And we all know that there are some Screener's Choices which are... controvesial. I'm not gonna point which of those are, but I'm pretty sure that if you'd check the photos with SC you'll probably pick the same shots as I and many others would. But since SC is rather subjective award we have to just accept it as it is, the beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right? One may like certain shots, others don't.

So, maybe it's time to reintroduce People's Choice based on, let's say, likes? For instance, photo with most likes during the week gets awarded? We already had Poeple Choice awards back in the days. What do you guys think?

Hi,
    SC is totally subjective and is based on the "WOW" factor by the screeners involved. I agree that some shots should get the rewards and some SC are sometimes controversial but I suppose it's part of the "game"
    Photo of the week is, imho, a more important awards as it's the common decision of the site managers and admins. It's a decision where many shots are discussed and we do our best to vary locations, type of planes, type of photography and so on.
    And yes I agree, bringing back People's Choice would be a good idea.

Regards
    Alex

Leave a comment:

• pawelm
    replied
    My two cents:

Calling someone racist because you didn't get SC is really, well, dumb, there's no doubt about it. I know that one can be frustrated, but still, wtf?

But also I'd like to say something about SC awards in gerenal. I often wonder why some shots are awarded with SC, and why some awesome shots aren't. We all know, that there are plenty of great shots in the data base that should be awarded with something special. Photo of the Week isn't as good, as it's just based on views, and you can get those by posting stuff on social media. And we all know that there are some Screener's Choices which are... controvesial. I'm not gonna point which of those are, but I'm pretty sure that if you'd check the photos with SC you'll probably pick the same shots as I and many others would. But since SC is rather subjective award we have to just accept it as it is, the beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right? One may like certain shots, others don't.

So, maybe it's time to reintroduce People's Choice based on, let's say, likes? For instance, photo with most likes during the week gets awarded? We already had Poeple Choice awards back in the days. What do you guys think?

Leave a comment:

• VH-ROB
    replied
    I have over 1,000 photos in the database. It's taken me 7.5 years to get this far. I've never had screeners choice or photo of the week, and my images have been shared on the JP facebook page maybe 4/5 times throughout the whole time I've bee uploading. Judging by the Iranian's logic, does that mean that JetPhotos is racist towards me also? Of course not.

Leave a comment:

• bgkicks49
    replied
    From my understanding, a screeners choice photo should be a photo that WOWs the screeners, a photo that really makes you lean back in your office chair and think "how did they do that?!" You all have been doing a fantastic job with screening, especially during these trying times of aviation and I cannot tell you how much we (and I hope I can speak for most of us photographers) appreciate everything that you are doing. I agree that this photo is eerily similar, if not the same, as to one of their previous photos and the upload process on JP should have prompted him saying "you already have 1 photo with this combination, are you sure you want to continue."

Racism is a bold statement and convenient for those who do not get their way and is basically the equivalent to a toddler throwing a tantrum in front of everyone at the supermarket. That is just my opinion and I hope that you all deal with this because we do not need this kind of negativity brewing.

Leave a comment:

• brianw999
    replied
    I have to say that one of those images should be deleted on the grounds of them being similar.

....and where and how did racism come into this ?
    Last edited by brianw999; 2020-03-21, 13:05.

Leave a comment:

• Jordan Williams
    replied
    Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
    Hi all,
    This is the unbelievable message we received yesterday.... As the person didn't even sign it I think I'll allow myself too share it with you...

Hello!
    This picture definitely deserves the screeners choices. Everyone knows. And if you look at the

EP-PUS. Ilyushin IL-76TD. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

We don't know why you didn't accept this beautiful shot as screeners choices. Please don't ruin
    Jetphotos with racism behaviours. Racism behaviours belong to stupid people. Not the screeners of
    Jetphotos.
    This picture got at least 130 likes with less than 2500 viewers!! So the picture was definitely
    good.

Thank you very much all! Just don't be racist. As it doesn't belong to the humans.

After I replied it was really ridiculous and that it was actually insulting that's the reply I got :

To convince me, show me a post from Iran that has ever been recently selected by the screeners as screeners choices. Then you're right.

Iran has some nice planes and good spotting locations. So definitely there should be a selected picture as screeners choices (ofc if you select the pictures fairly) . If you don't, so I'm right.

Well.....

How ungrateful, as others just pointed out he already had another shot hit photo of the week on a similar image, in addition I recall seeing this image shared on the Facebook page. That's more than a lot of photographers would ever get the opportunity to have and quite frankly the fact he wants to call a website 'racist' because he's not getting his way is quite baffling. Keep doing what you are doing screeners, you do a great job and the shots which are picked for SC are always well deserved. Just because an image is popular should NEVER automatically mean special treatment.

Leave a comment:

• Cleveland.Spotter
    replied
    I agree with klaxspotting on this one. Definitely not racist and considering it is the exact same angle it could have easily been rejected for being similar....

Leave a comment:

• klaxspotting
    replied

Seeing as this (https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9141814) was practically the same shot as that, and taken by the same photographer of the same plane, I doubt you can say it's racist because it got Photo of the Week.

That does beg the question though: Were these not rejectable for being similar?

Leave a comment:

• Alex - Spot-This !
    started a topic Is JP racist ?

Is JP racist ?

Hi all,

Hello!

Jetphotos.
    good.

Well.....

Working...
X