Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acceptance ratio - 1920 px upload size

Hi all,

Was wondering what acceptance ratio is required for a 1920 px upload size request to be approved?

Cheers

Originally posted by YBBNPhotography View Post
    Hi all,

Was wondering what acceptance ratio is required for a 1920 px upload size request to be approved?

Cheers
    While neither of these are hard numbers, you'll want to have at least a 50% acceptance ratio, with ~ 50+ images accepted on the DB. Be aware, however, that uploading images at higher resolution tends to lower your overall acceptance rate.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

While neither of these are hard numbers, you'll want to have at least a 50% acceptance ratio, with ~ 50+ images accepted on the DB. Be aware, however, that uploading images at higher resolution tends to lower your overall acceptance rate.
      Just out of curiosity: Do you have numbers for the overall acceptance rate of 1920 px vs. e.g. 1280 px?

Comment

Originally posted by marfi80 View Post

Just out of curiosity: Do you have numbers for the overall acceptance rate of 1920 px vs. e.g. 1280 px?
        Unfortunately no. My best guess would be <45% for 1920, and >65% for ~1280, but I'd be curious to see myself. Basically, the higher the resolution, the easier it is for flaws to be exposed, while a lower resolution will hide minor imperfections more easily. Impossible to hide heat haze at 1920pix, but quite possible to do so at 1200, for example.

Comment

What about uploading at 1600? It seems to me to be a good compromise size. I have a small number of images accepted on another, well-known aviation photography site but it was only once I started uploading to that site at 1600 instead of 1920 that I got any images accepted.

Most of my images are 16:9, so a 1600x900 image.

I'm approaching the point where I might qualify for 1920 with JetPhotos, but even if I did I'd probably just upload everything in 1600.

Comment

Working...
          X