Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sigma 150-600mm Contemporary Lens

Hello all,

Is there anyone out there who shoot through a Sigma 150-600mm F5,0-6,3 DG OS HSM Contemporary Objective lens? I already have a Canon 100-400mm I lens but wondering if anyone would recommend the Sigma lens for aviation photography.

Thanks
    James

I have one. Pretty satisfied with it.
    “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

I used to have a 100-400L (1st Gen) then switched to a Sigma 156C, it is a lot sharper, and the longer range is always useful, in short, a great lens.

However the vignetting can be very annoying, even when shooting at F9.0 (with a full frame body) - this can lead to rejections with this site and takes a lot of effort to fix in PS.

Comment

Vignetting can be a problem indeed. I have the Sigma 150 - 600 as well as the Tamron 150 - 600. For spotting in my opinion the Tamron is the better one.

Greets
        Stefan

Comment

used to own one with a canon mount and it's a good bit of kit. 3 problems i had with it was vignetting, weight and minimum focal length. you can carry it around for a couple hours but if you have it around your neck at an airshow of are just going out spotting for most of the day it will become a problem. You may also have a problem with it's lowest focal length 150mm if that's on a crop censor body then your over 200mm as your minimum focal length. Which means you'll have to carry around another lens and that adds more weight. However the build quality is amazing on it and of course the 600mm is very nice to have on occasion. The main reason i got rid of it was the minimum focal length, i use a canon crop body and that means the lowest i can go is 240mm and that lost me a fair few pictures. the only time i'd need anywhere near 600mm is at an airshow and that didn't happen very much so had to part ways with it.

Comment

Working...
          X