Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compact Camera / Mobile phone

Hi everyone,

Hope you guys are doing well and safe in this Pandemic. I have recently visited a general aviation hanger where I had to shoot the images from Mobile phone. I used my old Samsung galaxy S7 Edge and I am pretty impressed with the results.

I just want to know what other options do you guys recommend or use? As I will be starting internship at Airport soon and I might need a good mobile phone for shooting at night as well. Also what compact camera do you guys recommend?

Cheers and Regards
    ​​​​​

Originally posted by hamza_397 View Post
    Hi everyone,

Hope you guys are doing well and safe in this Pandemic. I have recently visited a general aviation hanger where I had to shoot the images from Mobile phone. I used my old Samsung galaxy S7 Edge and I am pretty impressed with the results.

I just want to know what other options do you guys recommend or use? As I will be starting internship at Airport soon and I might need a good mobile phone for shooting at night as well. Also what compact camera do you guys recommend?

Cheers and Regards
    ​​​​​
    Hey there,

Good to here your mobile has got some good shots.

Personally, id recommend you if you are after a cheap camera with good quality look into a DSLR which you can buy on somewhere like eBay second hand if cost is an issue. That would be ideal for low light photography with lower amounts of quality related issues if you get the settings right. The DSLR i've always use is quite a bulky beast so wouldn't call it compact as such however I have at times used ones like the Canon 1200D which are a lot smaller and still provide a descent shot if unit size is a big issue for you.

Kind Regards,
    JW

Comment

Hi there!
      So there are a few compact cameras that I will recommend. I’m glad that you were able to snag some good shots with your phone, however if you are going to be shooting at night you probably will want a good camera. Standalone cameras come with a better ISO sensitivity and ability to improve and take full advantage of the features later on.

Here are my recommendations for compact cameras:
      Sony A6000/A6100 with a “pancake” lens: This is the biggest of them all but will most likely yield the best results due to its bigger sensor

Sony RX100 (any version): This camera is probably your best bet, but it is pretty expensive so keep that in mind.

Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark III: This is another great option.

Panasonic Lumix LX15: This is the cheapest of the bunch but will still produce great images.

Jordan Williams brings up a great point though. A cheap DSLR will be the best budget friendly option. However, I would look into used mirrorless cameras, such as the Sony A7 or Sony A6000 series, just because they are smaller and you can find some cheap ones on ebay, mpb, or keh.

Good Luck!
      A35K

Comment

Working...
      X