Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pilotgolfer
    replied
    I also agree with Alex on uploading two pictures of the same aircraft in the same sequence whether it be a different angle or not, especially with it being a common livery on a common plane.
    Which shot tells a better story? That's something that's stuck with me for a long time now.

Leave a comment:

• spoonctr
    replied
    I agree with Alex 100%! In my own personal opinion I wouldn't upload a double of a way common plane the same day. It while have to be something like the Stars War 737 for me! But that's just my opinion!

Have a great day!

Leave a comment:

• Alex - Spot-This !
    replied
    Leo747, The "new" similar rule has been around for 4 years now... And no 2 different sizes will never be considered as a similar shot which is a good thing imo.

Original poster is right, it shouldn't have been rejected for similar even if it's really playing by the rule a bit there. Do you really need 2 pics of that very common aircraft on taxi that day ?

Softness remains and it should be improved so no, appeal is not needed

Have a nice day
    Alex

Last edited by Alex - Spot-This !; 2020-05-06, 14:40.

Leave a comment:

• Leo 747
    replied
    Here's a bit of a rant: the new rules for the "Similar Photo" rejection are quite absurd, in my opinion.
    One cannot send a full-plane pic and a close-up shot, as both will be deemed as "Similar", even if both shots are totally (and I mean "totally!") different.
    Screeners now claim that pictures from a sequence of shots will much probably be rejected but hey! If you upload the same plane, but different side, both will get accepted, even in the same angle, location, date and light conditions. Even when both sides of the plane look the same (which is the case for 99% of these planes, except maybe some special liveries). I don't get the logic here, to be honest.

A few years ago, there was no such thing. Similar photos would only be rejected if they really were similar. Now, if you catch a full size pic of a taxiing plane, and then a close up on the front fuselage, well... I have bad news for you...

Leave a comment:

• MarkLawrence
    replied
    You might not want to appeal it anyway - because there is the soft issue on it too. Appealing the similar is going to get rejected for the undersharpened/soft anyway.

Leave a comment:

• NYspotter
    replied
    Originally posted by Tejas Khambhayta View Post
    I think the similar aspect of the image is firstly, the same aircraft, but more importantly the same airport with a very similar background. The buildings and the shipping containers may play a role in the rejection. However, i cannot confirm this, I'd wait for a screener to check it out as well as the sharpening.

I'd suggest not appealing it until a screener has commented on it here first.
    Thank you. Well actually I know many things are same right here, same aircraft, same airport, same date, same background, and almost same time. But I think the rejected photo shows right side of the a/c so it should not be similar...Anyway I will wait until screeners post anything here

Leave a comment:

• NYspotter
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaron_ZSAM View Post
    Hi NYspotter!
    I think you can appeal this reject photo so that the screener will give you another look.
    Thanks I will appeal this, but I will wait until screeners comment right here first

Leave a comment:

• Tejas Khambhayta
    replied
    I think the similar aspect of the image is firstly, the same aircraft, but more importantly the same airport with a very similar background. The buildings and the shipping containers may play a role in the rejection. However, i cannot confirm this, I'd wait for a screener to check it out as well as the sharpening.

Originally posted by Aaron_ZSAM View Post
    Hi NYspotter!
    I think you can appeal this reject photo so that the screener will give you another look.
    I'd suggest not appealing it until a screener has commented on it here first.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron_ZSAM
    replied
    Hi NYspotter!

Leave a comment:

• NYspotter
    started a topic Similar Photo Uploaded Rejection

Similar Photo Uploaded Rejection

Hi I am so confused about this rejection.
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8102874
    Actually I disagree all reasons. I think sharpening is ok. I just don't understand why it is similar. I know that I already have an accepted photo of the same aircraft with the same date. But it was the other side. You can see the link below.
    https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9590865
    Please help me with this rejection, thanks.
Working...
X