Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upload Failure

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Upload Failure

    Hello,

    I recently created a jet photos account and wanted to upload my first image. Then I attempt to upload the picture, and it says that it is not a JPEG when it is a JPEG. Thank you for the help you can provide!

  • #2
    Originally posted by Alec Henderson View Post
    Hello,

    I recently created a jet photos account and wanted to upload my first image. Then I attempt to upload the picture, and it says that it is not a JPEG when it is a JPEG. Thank you for the help you can provide!
    In my experience this usually appears if you try upload an image above your approved image size. Did you resize your picture as per the guidelines/restrictions?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Alec Henderson View Post
      Hello,

      I recently created a jet photos account and wanted to upload my first image. Then I attempt to upload the picture, and it says that it is not a JPEG when it is a JPEG. Thank you for the help you can provide!
      Well I think you need to change it into JPG and make sure the size of your photos are ok.

      Comment


      • #4
        Thank you everyone! I resized the image, and it worked. But now the issue is that the clarity of the photo has now significantly declined.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by NYspotter View Post

          Well I think you need to change it into JPG and make sure the size of your photos are ok.
          To be fair, he did mention in his original post that his image was in JPEG, and it turned out to just be a sizing issue which you probably wouldn't realise if it was your first time uploading to the site.

          Originally posted by Alec Henderson View Post
          Thank you everyone! I resized the image, and it worked. But now the issue is that the clarity of the photo has now significantly declined.
          Yeah it will somewhat reduce but it could be the quality of the original image if it has deteriorated significantly since you resized it. Consider starting a prescreening thread or positing some of your edits here. The screeners and some members are usually happy to give you feedback and get you set on the right track.

          Kind Regards,
          JW
          Last edited by Jordan Williams; 2020-05-09, 04:22.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jordan Williams View Post

            To be fair, he did mention in his original post that his file was in JPEG, and it turned out to just be a sizing issue which you probably wouldn't realise given the message if it was your first time uploading to the site.



            Yeah it will somewhat reduce but it could be the quality of the original image if it has deteriorated significantly since you resized it. Consider starting a prescreening thread or positing some of your edits here. The screeners and some members are usually happy to give you feedback and get you set on the right track.

            Kind Regards,
            JW
            Nope. I disagree with this. JPG and JPEG they are different. Only JPG is accepted right here. I still get JPEG photos after I edited my photos on my iPad PS. But on the computer, you can have different choices.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by NYspotter View Post

              Nope. I disagree with this. JPG and JPEG they are different. Only JPG is accepted right here. I still get JPEG photos after I edited my photos on my iPad PS. But on the computer, you can have different choices.
              Quote; "There are actually no differences between the JPG and JPEG formats." ,

              PS. if JPEG isn't able to be uploaded on JP then why were the majority of my 400 odd photos accepted and uploaded in that format?

              Here is the link from that quote by the way. It's a relatively good read.
              https://www.keycdn.com/support/diffe...n-jpg-and-jpeg
              Last edited by Jordan Williams; 2020-05-09, 05:01. Reason: Spelling

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Alec Henderson View Post
                Thank you everyone! I resized the image, and it worked. But now the issue is that the clarity of the photo has now significantly declined.
                The explanation would be long enough.
                First of all, you should know if you use RAW format or directly JPEG and also what size the original file has.
                This is very important because, for example, a RAW file at maximum resolution is much more defined when you resize it in JPEG to the dimensions that are accepted here.
                Sorry my bad english.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Jordan Williams View Post

                  Quote; "There are actually no differences between the JPG and JPEG formats." ,

                  PS. if JPEG isn't uploadable on JP then why were the majority of my 400 odd photos accepted and uploaded in that format?

                  Here is the link from that quote by the way. It's a good read.
                  https://www.keycdn.com/support/diffe...n-jpg-and-jpeg
                  Did you see anything different in these 2 screenshots? I have no idea why, I am not able to upload any JPEG photos.
                  Attached Files

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Theoretically i'd have thought there would be no difference. No matter if it says it's a .JPEG, .JPG or JPE it is still of JPEG format. I'd wait for a crew member or site admin to answer your question as to why that specific identifier doesn't work for you.

                    On a side note I assume you are using a Mac, if you right click on your .JPG image and go to 'Get Info' you should see that the image is of a JPEG format just so you know what i'm meaning.

                    Kind Regards,
                    JW

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X