X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New screeners needed - 2020

New screeners candidates

To increase our screening power before the summer months, we are looking for new additions to our volunteering screening team.

Are you at least 18 years old, and are you passionate about aviation and aviation photography?

What we ask:
    - A good portfolio on JetPhotos
    - A decent acceptance ratio (about 80%)
    - Aprox. an hour a day, to be able to screen about 2500 photos a month

As a role of screener you will be judging photos submitted to our website and make sure a level of quality will be maintained.
    You will become part of a motivated team of screeners who are ready to support you during your first time with us.

As a screener you are entitled to a free premium Flightradar24 account, 100 queue slots and ad free JetPhotos.

Please send your application to [email protected] and we will get in touch with you.
    We are ready to answer your questions here in the forum.

P.s. in case you’ve applied in the past, you’re invited to contact us again.
    Last edited by Alex - Spot-This !; 2020-05-22, 14:07.

What acceptance ratio would you like?

Comment

over 80%, the higher the best

Comment

I would love to apply for this after uploading pictures on JP for over 8 years now. However, my ratio isn't too good because of my experiments. If it can be considered as an exception, I am surely available for atleast 3-4 hours a day.

Comment

Originally posted by janamparikh View Post
          I would love to apply for this after uploading pictures on JP for over 8 years now. However, my ratio isn't too good because of my experiments. If it can be considered as an exception, I am surely available for atleast 3-4 hours a day.
          Unfortunately, it will be one of the main factors in considering candidates, so a poor acceptance ratio can't be considered as an exception. If you're going to be a judge of the quality of other people's photos, you should at least be able to judge the quality of your own, no?

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Unfortunately, it will be one of the main factors in considering candidates, so a poor acceptance ratio can't be considered as an exception. If you're going to be a judge of the quality of other people's photos, you should at least be able to judge the quality of your own, no?
            Agreed to it, hence I mentioned the same. Cheers!

Comment

Would I qualify at 68%

Comment

I'm interested. I do have a couple questions though. I'm under 18, but would parental approval work for you? Second, my acceptance ratio at the time of writing is 71.26%. Two years ago, I had a very bad camera, and a poor skill set. I had something like 100 rejections with that camera, so if we disregard those I'm sure my acceptance ratio would be around 80%. Could this work for you?

Many thanks,
                Michael

Comment

Originally posted by DWC1981 View Post
                  Would I qualify at 68%
                  Well..

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
                  over 80%, the higher the best
                  68% < 80%, no?

You're still welcome to apply, but a ratio under 80% is not going to help. Maybe take a little time and put some effort into improving that ratio and think about applying in the future?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Rodeback View Post
                    I'm interested. I do have a couple questions though. I'm under 18, but would parental approval work for you? Second, my acceptance ratio at the time of writing is 71.26%. Two years ago, I had a very bad camera, and a poor skill set. I had something like 100 rejections with that camera, so if we disregard those I'm sure my acceptance ratio would be around 80%. Could this work for you?

Many thanks,
                    Michael
                    Unfortunately we've had some..maturity issues.. with people in the past, so we would like to keep it above 18 for the time being. Maybe continue to work improving your acceptance ratio, and as I suggested above, think about applying in the future?

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Unfortunately we've had some..maturity issues.. with people in the past, so we would like to keep it above 18 for the time being. Maybe continue to work improving your acceptance ratio, and as I suggested above, think about applying in the future?
                      Ok. Thanks dlowwa.

Comment

I have two questions

My acceptance ratio is around 86%, but unfortunately decreased a little due to trying some little less quality photos and some stupid rejects (my own fault), due to quarantaine rules .
                        Now we're allowed to go out more again. checking my latest photos, iexpect to increase the ratio again.
                        There are some points in rejects reasons, I wouldn't recognise, Could that be explained, if I would apply (one example is compression)
                        What's an acceptable portfolio? I'm at 984 at the moment, but feeling yself a rookie sometimes compared to fellow photographers with for example 10000+ photos in de DB.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Wilko

Comment

Originally posted by wkd001 View Post
                          I have two questions

My acceptance ratio is around 86%, but unfortunately decreased a little due to trying some little less quality photos and some stupid rejects (my own fault), due to quarantaine rules .
                          Now we're allowed to go out more again. checking my latest photos, iexpect to increase the ratio again.
                          86% is fine. Most of the crew is over 90%, but a few percentage points lost here or there is not a big deal. We're looking for overall consistency in quality (and being able to recognize such)

Originally posted by wkd001 View Post
                          What's an acceptable portfolio? I'm at 984 at the moment, but feeling yself a rookie sometimes compared to fellow photographers with for example 10000+ photos in de DB.
                          Also more than acceptable. Anything over 500 images in the DB should be considered as a minimum portfolio, so 984 is totally fine.

Comment

Please don't forget to include a link to your profile with your email, thank you !

We have already received 16 applications, thanks a lot !!

Comment

we are up to 33 applications now, Thank you all !!

Comment

Working...
                              X