No announcement yet.

Sigma 135-400mm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought the Sigma 135-400mm. Got a pretty good price for the filter, case, warranty, and hood.

I felt the 170-500mm was not really what I wanted.

Comment

Congrats Greg.. Can't wait to see it this May in DC!

Adam

Comment

my 50-500 is sharp even at 500mm most of the time.
        100-400 IS is not the only way
        That is the exception, I have heard nothing but great about this lens! I am eager to try it out for myself but have yet to come accross an owner willing.

-Clovis

Comment

I use a sigma 70mm-210mm and I find it to be a nice set-up. If I get a 400mm zoom I will definately look at Sigma. Bang for your buck I think...

Comment

Clovis: I will be at the LAX meeting this summer, and I own the lens, you can try it out for a round

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
              my 50-500 is sharp even at 500mm most of the time.
              100-400 IS is not the only way
              That is the exception, I have heard nothing but great about this lens! I am eager to try it out for myself but have yet to come accross an owner willing.

-Clovis

I am happy with this exception then. No doubt, both the Canon 100-400 L IS and the Sigma 50-500 are great lenses. Cant say too much about the Canon as I only tried it once for a few minutes.

I agree with you that the best sharpness of the Sigma is between 200-400mm.

I`d let you try it if you ever happen to be somewhere near my area.
              greetings,
              Philip

Comment

Here...cropped straight off the original of the UA 744 pic...Sigma 170-500 @ full 500mm.

-Clovis

Comment

Just as comparison... here you see a crop which shows the actual pixels from original file straight out of the camera. Taken with a 100-400L at 400mm. Camera was a 10D...
                  Cheers...
                  <image src=http://www.jetphotos.net/user-uploads/actualpixelsat400mm.jpg>

Edit: Somehow the pic doesn't turn up... Sorry...

Comment

here is one from Sigma's 50-500mm with a D60. Note that there also is heat haze in the photo.
                    f6.7, 1/750, ISO 100, 500mm

greetings,
                    Philip

Comment

Working...
                    X