New Photographer to Jetphotos With a Few Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Photographer to Jetphotos With a Few Question

Hello everyone! I was queueing a few pictures, and I had a few questions.

First of all, I just want you to know that I'm really new to this so don't expect me to know all of the terms you use.

My first question is this:
    When you get a lot of images rejected, are there any consequences, what could I expect as a consequence if this is the case?

Second question is that when you are about to upload a picture, it shows your queue slots, but what is the difference between your daily slots and queue slots? I have a picture:

And will all kinds of pictures be accepted, or only rare pictures?

Is vignette allowed?

Is photoshopped lens blur allowed?

Thanks in advance

Oh yes, I forgot one question

Is there any topic where I can show the picture that is going to be uploaded, and get feedback from others wether it will get accepted or not?

Comment

Originally posted by Rian_OShea View Post
      Hello everyone! I was queueing a few pictures, and I had a few questions.

First of all, I just want you to know that I'm really new to this so don't expect me to know all of the terms you use.

My first question is this:
      When you get a lot of images rejected, are there any consequences, what could I expect as a consequence if this is the case?
      You will lose the equal number of slots for 14 days, and thus not be able to upload anything in that time.

Second question is that when you are about to upload a picture, it shows your queue slots, but what is the difference between your daily slots and queue slots? I have a picture:
      Daily slots are the max you can upload in a single day.

And will all kinds of pictures be accepted, or only rare pictures?
      All images of aircraft should be accepted, given the quality is good enough

Is vignette allowed?
      Generally no.

Is photoshopped lens blur allowed?
      No.

Oh yes, I forgot one question

Is there any topic where I can show the picture that is going to be uploaded, and get feedback from others wether it will get accepted or not?
      https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...ocessing-forum

Comment

Edit-- Trusty Dlowwa beat me to the punch so you can pretty much disregard this post. He knows a lot more about this than I do.

Vignetting is never allowed and photoshopped lens blur, I'm pretty sure, will get you a digital manipulation rejection and an upload ban if you are caught repeatedly. These questions are answered in the photo upload guidelines which you should read before uploading any photos.
        Just about any aviation related photos will be accepted. You just have to meet quality requirements and have all the required photo info.
        If you have ten daily slots left you can upload ten photos until you use them all up or it resets at midnight UTC. The total queue slot number is how many queue slots you have available. If you have 15 queue slots left and 8 daily slots left, you can only upload 8 photos until the daily slots reset. If you have 3 queue slots left and 8 daily slots left you can only upload three photos until you have a photo accepted or a rejected photo clears. Photos rejected in the last two weeks and queued photos subtract one slot for every photo. This is the consequence for rejected photos. Although, if you have several photos in the queue and all of them clearly lack sufficient quality you will receive an email saying "Entire queue deleted due to poor quality."
        If you want prescreening create a new digital photo processing forum thread in the forum. It should be titled "JP username--editing advice" So for me it would be "Michael Rodeback--Editing Advice" Whenever you need another question answered and it falls into the digital photo processing forum do not create a new thread. reply to the one you already started.
        I hope this helps. If you need any of the terms used explained I recommend googling them first before you ask here but feel free to ask for help here. That's what this forum is for.

Comment

Thanks so much dlowwa and Michael Rodeback all of my questions have been answered

Comment

Working...
          X