Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data on 35mm pictures a problem?

Hi,

I have a few old pictures that I shot on 35mm back in the days.

For some reason, and I don't remember why (probably thought it was cool then), I had the time of the pictures enabled.

Would it make sense to upload them or would they be rejected for that reason?

Thanks!

Denis

Attached Files

I am not am expert on what is a quality picture here by any means or a part of the team, but I can say for sure I have been here 15 years and looked at a lot of photos from the pre-digital days and I have never seen a time stamp on any of them, so go look through the 80s and 90s for yourself and the writing is on the wall that it highly likely is not going to be accepted.

Comment

Can't vouch on any rejection, but I would think you'd be able to edit them out and at least make a note to the screeners that you've edited out a time stamp and hopefully that would be acceptable subject to the edit itself

Comment

Originally posted by eurowing View Post
        Hi,

I have a few old pictures that I shot on 35mm back in the days.

For some reason, and I don't remember why (probably thought it was cool then), I had the time of the pictures enabled.

Would it make sense to upload them or would they be rejected for that reason?

Thanks!

Denis
        Yesh, this would unfortunately cause a rejection. Best way to remove it is by cropping the part of the frame where you can see it; otherwise you can try to digitally remove it, but you will need to be very careful if doing so, as a poorly done job could result in a manipulation rejection and/or warning.

In this case of the image above, going with a 16:9 crop should be workable, even if it makes the aircraft a bit low in the frame:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_32792.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	206.4 KB
ID:	1092472

Comment

Denis,

if you have lightroom you can also try to make a lens correction. Just choose in the menu the type of the lens you want and it make the correction. Also you can make it manually.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture d’écran 2020-06-17 à 10.52.48.png
Views:	153
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	1092517

Comment

thanks for all the responses everyone!

@dlowwa: would the quality be acceptable on this picture?

@Alexis: no I don’t have LR...

edit: i do have Lightroom now and that can remove the time stamp, do i understand that right??

Comment

One legitimate concern I have is that I can't see the registration because its too small and pixelated and the red paint AC used makes it hard to see and AC had a few of each type of 747 and this livery was used on more than one of them also so its livery doesn't distinguish it. Do you remember/have it written down which specific reg this plane was? Not having that info and not being able to tell which specific one it is may be grounds for a denial also.

Comment

Originally posted by eurowing View Post
                @dlowwa: would the quality be acceptable on this picture?
                Quality is more than acceptable for a scan of that age.

Comment

Working...
                X