Bad info Rejection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad info Rejection

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

This photo was rejected for BAD INFO. Only reason given was Registration. However, I properly entered the registration as N46221. I uploaded the photo a second time with the correct registration, and again it was rejected for BAD INFO.

Scratching my head about what I've done wrong.

Thanks,
    Adam

Originally posted by Adam_of_A2 View Post
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8255750

This photo was rejected for BAD INFO. Only reason given was Registration. However, I properly entered the registration as N46221. I uploaded the photo a second time with the correct registration, and again it was rejected for BAD INFO.

Scratching my head about what I've done wrong.

Thanks,
    Adam
    I think the aircraft is incorrect. According to FR24, the airplane is Cessna 172L, not 172I.

Comment

Originally posted by NYspotter View Post

I think the aircraft is incorrect. According to FR24, the airplane is Cessna 172L, not 172I.
      FlightRadar24 is an excellent flight tracking service, but their information does not trump the Aircraft Registry data on the FAA website. https://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinq...umbertxt=46221 As you can see here under it's official registry with the FAA this aircraft was manufactured in 1968 and is clearly labeled as an I -as in India - model. The L model of the 172 was not manufactured until later in the 1970s. Is it possible that the Screeners mistook the Upper case Letter "I" for a lowercased "L?"

I appealed this to the screening team and the Admin wrote back, "This aircraft type should be a Cessna 172L Skyhawk. You might also consider adding night shot catefory for the photo if it was taken with low sun."

Okay, I'll add the NIGHT shot category (even though this photo was taken over an hour before sunset.) But wouldn't it be wrong to deliberately mislabel this aircraft (as an L model when it is an I model) as it undermines the integrity of the JetPhotos.net database.

To the screeners of this site, what should I do to move this photo (with two rejections and an appealed rejection) forward for submission to the database?

Thanks

Comment

You are correct. It is a 172I. I will add the picture.

Brgds
        “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by Adam_of_A2 View Post

FlightRadar24 is an excellent flight tracking service, but their information does not trump the Aircraft Registry data on the FAA website. https://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinq...umbertxt=46221 As you can see here under it's official registry with the FAA this aircraft was manufactured in 1968 and is clearly labeled as an I -as in India - model. The L model of the 172 was not manufactured until later in the 1970s. Is it possible that the Screeners mistook the Upper case Letter "I" for a lowercased "L?"

I appealed this to the screening team and the Admin wrote back, "This aircraft type should be a Cessna 172L Skyhawk. You might also consider adding night shot catefory for the photo if it was taken with low sun."

Okay, I'll add the NIGHT shot category (even though this photo was taken over an hour before sunset.) But wouldn't it be wrong to deliberately mislabel this aircraft (as an L model when it is an I model) as it undermines the integrity of the JetPhotos.net database.

To the screeners of this site, what should I do to move this photo (with two rejections and an appealed rejection) forward for submission to the database?

Thanks
          I just checked the link, you were right. Btw any photos taken during the golden hour should be uploaded with the Night Shot. It depends on the light on the aircraft, not the time you took the photo.

Comment

The rules for the night shot category don't make any sense to me either, but that's just the way it is. So you're looking for long shadows and the red-orange glow in the photo if the sun was up.

Comment

Thanks ErwinS. I appreciate you doing me this favor and getting the photo included into the database.

Also, thanks to you other guys for letting me know about the "night" shot category check. I will make use of that in the future if the photo was taken shortly before sunset or shortly after sunrise.

Comment

Working...
              X