Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First photo of an aircraft

Hello JetPhotos Admins

I have been trying to upload the photo of my 1960 Cessna 172A several times today, unfortunately without success. Photo passed validation, but obviously is failing somewhere else as Upload Photo button at the bottom appears grayed. I am not professional photographer, neither I own hi-quality camera, however I would like to have a photo of my aircraft displayed on Jet Photos and Flight Radar. It appears that previous owners never uploaded any photos of my bird, and I hope some professional aviation photographer will upload a proper photo in the future.

Remarks:
    This is 1960 Cessna 172A, VH-MBC, Serial 47616. Her name is Meg (same as famous actress Meg Ryan) and they both share similar age. She is great performer and big fun to fly. Parked in Tyabb, Victoria, Australia - YTYA

Please feel free to modify photo/remarks to comply with procedures and policies.

Thanks & Regards,
    Stjepan

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200529-164436.jpg
Views:	604
Size:	635.0 KB
ID:	1093416

Originally posted by bosi72 View Post
    Hello JetPhotos Admins

I have been trying to upload the photo of my 1960 Cessna 172A several times today, unfortunately without success. Photo passed validation, but obviously is failing somewhere else as Upload Photo button at the bottom appears grayed. I am not professional photographer, neither I own hi-quality camera, however I would like to have a photo of my aircraft displayed on Jet Photos and Flight Radar. It appears that previous owners never uploaded any photos of my bird, and I hope some professional aviation photographer will upload a proper photo in the future.

Remarks:
    This is 1960 Cessna 172A, VH-MBC, Serial 47616. Her name is Meg (same as famous actress Meg Ryan) and they both share similar age. She is great performer and big fun to fly. Parked in Tyabb, Victoria, Australia - YTYA

Please feel free to modify photo/remarks to comply with procedures and policies.

Thanks & Regards,
    Stjepan

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200529-164436.jpg
Views:	604
Size:	635.0 KB
ID:	1093416
    Unfortunately the quality is not enough for this image to be accepted. It might be workable if you have a much higher resolution image to start with, as this is already only 1280pix, and a significant amount of cropping is needed. As well, the fuselage looks well overexposed, which is not something that is easy to fix, and the image is severely compressed, so even with a larger resolution, it still might not be workable.

You really have two options: supply a higher resolution/quality to someone willing to edit the image and then upload it yourself, or get a local photographer to take the image and upload it for you. Only the person who owns the copyright is allowed to upload the image; if you took the image, you must be the one who uploads it, and conversely if someone else takes the image, they will need to be the one who uploads it.

Comment

Thank you dlowwa for prompt response.

I do have 2000+ pixels photo however I had to resize to 1280px because both validation and upload guide says "...Currently your maximum approved upload size is 1280 pixels wide...".
      I am fairly new to small Tyabb airport and I don't know any photographer in person. I can ask a friend with an expensive Nikon camera, but again my aircraft is not B787 nor F35. She is 60 years old lady who doesn't need to be at the front cover of the Aviation magazine.

I hope you will be able to help, but still don't know how to bypass 1280px validation.

Kind regards
      Stjepan

Comment

I do have 2000+ pixels photo however I had to resize to 1280px because both validation and upload guide says "...Currently your maximum approved upload size is 1280 pixels wide...".
        I am fairly new to small Tyabb airport and I don't know any photographer in person. I can ask a friend with an expensive Nikon camera, but again my aircraft is not B787 nor F35. She is 60 years old lady who doesn't need to be at the front cover of the Aviation magazine.

I hope you will be able to help, but still don't know how to bypass 1280px validation.

Kind regards
        Stjepan

Hello. You can take 2000+ image and crop aircraft to acceptable size. You can crop it to 1024px as well to make the image acceptable.

Comment

Kind regards
          Stjepan
          Again, you should be looking at the first option I listed: supply the original/higher resolution image to someone willing to at least take a look to see if it is workable. If it is, then you might not need to ask anyone else to take another image. But if it is not (as I unfortunately suspect), then you will need to find one else you can take a better image, or try again yourself to get a better one. 'Bypassing' the 1280px validation is irrelevant if you have not been able to first edit the image properly.

You can contact me privately if you would like me to take a look at the original image, but as I've tried to make clear, there's a pretty good chance that even with the full resolution image, the quality will not be enough to edit it into something acceptable.

Comment

Hi dlowwa
            Thank you for your offer for help.
            We finally have some sunny weather in the middle of winter so took an opportunity to take several photos. They are raw, size approx. 5mb hoping these photos would meet the JetPhotos standards.

I understand that you are doing this for free, I appreciate and thank you for that. I also do this for free however I can offer you a free flight when you come to Melbourne, Australia.

Many thanks again.

I will also understand if none of the photos below meet the JP standards.

Thank you
            Kind regards
            Stjepan vh-mbc
            Last edited by bosi72; 2020-07-12, 23:30. Reason: Link to new photos

Comment

Hi dlowwa
              We finally have some sunny weather in the middle of winter so took an opportunity to take several photos. They are raw, size approx. 5mb hoping these photos would meet the JetPhotos standards.

I understand that you are doing this for free, I appreciate and thank you for that. I also do this for free however I can offer you a free flight when you come to Melbourne, Australia.

Many thanks again.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...BNs8TnAvNmIVOa

Thank you
              Kind regards
              Stjepan vh-mbc

Comment

Hi dlowwa

Many thanks again.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...BNs8TnAvNmIVOa

Thank you
                Kind regards
                Stjepan vh-mbc
                Do you have an email address I can send it to? DM me.

Comment

Working...
                X