Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inconsistency

Hello,

This is not something only I think but also many other people who upload here. I find it really frustrating when a picture of mine gets rejected, e.g. for not having enough contrast or being overprocessed even though I edited it the same way as my other pictures. The reason I get so annoyed is not because of my rejections but because of the fact that pictures like this get accepted:
    https://www.jetphotos.com/
    Last edited by dlowwa; 2020-07-18, 16:40. Reason: Removed link of photo from 3rd party.

Originally posted by Julian Kabatnik View Post
    Hello,

This is not something only I think but also many other people who upload here. I find it really frustrating when a picture of mine gets rejected, e.g. for not having enough contrast or being overprocessed even though I edited it the same way as my other pictures. The reason I get so annoyed is not because of my rejections but because of the fact that pictures like this get accepted:

Hey, yes it is definitely a frustrating feeling but bear in mind the photo you attached was the first accepted pic for the photographer so I'm assuming the screeners were a bit more lenient on it. To be fair, the most we can do ourselves is improve our skills at editing the photos and increase the chances of acceptance by correcting it (the contrast in your case) beforehand, before uploading. Maybe you could attach the images you got rejected so the screeners and other members of JP can help you out.
    Last edited by dlowwa; 2020-07-18, 16:40. Reason: Reason: Removed link of photo from 3rd party.

Comment

It's frustrating I agree with you on that but the screeners are human and will make mistakes. Like Tejas said try putting the picture that was rejected on this thread

Comment

It is not really accepted for someone to show other peoples Photos when making a complaint. If you feel your pics are being unfairly rejected appeal! you may get lucky if not take it on the chin.

Comment

Hello,

https://www.jetphotos.com/
          If you have complaints/grievances about your own images, feel free to post them, but please don't post images from uninvolved 3rd parties.

Comment

Recently I haven't been uploading that actively, so I haven't had any nonsensical rejects in the last 14 days. The next time I get one I will post it in this thread. My point is that the inconsistency of the screeners can be really frustrating. Good photos get rejected because they apparently don't have enough contrast and bad photos (which usually have at least 2 rejection reasons I can think of) get accepted.

Comment

Recently I haven't been uploading that actively, so I haven't had any nonsensical rejects in the last 14 days. The next time I get one I will post it in this thread.
              Please do.

My point is that the inconsistency of the screeners can be really frustrating.
              From our point of view, inconsistency of some uploaders can be really frustrating.

Good photos get rejected because they apparently don't have enough contrast and bad photos (which usually have at least 2 rejection reasons I can think of) get accepted.
              Then probably a good thing you're not screening them.

Comment

Please explain how that photo I posted earlier was NOT rejected for Saturation, Overprocessed, JPG Compressions.

Comment

Please explain how that photo I posted earlier was NOT rejected for Saturation, Overprocessed, JPG Compressions.
                  Because the involved screeners did decide to accept it. If you want to judge photos, start your own website.
                  My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Discussion with a screener:
                    Uploader: *Gives actual arguments, examples and criticism*
                    Screener: I accepted it because I decided to

Comment

Discussion with a screener:
                      Uploader: *Gives actual arguments, examples and criticism*
                      Screener: I accepted it because I decided to
                      Julian I think you have pretty good photos already accepted. If you receive a rejection, is because some photos could be improved, or just to be kept for your personal collection. Is good to criticize your own work, but not other's work in such a public way.

Comment

Working...
                      X