Heat Distortion Rejection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat Distortion Rejection

Hello everyone, I just had my Icelandair 752 being rejected for heat distortion and I have attached it below. I would suspect that the left wing part is a bit ambiguous but the exactly same photo was accepted by planespotters.net. I would appreciate if anyone could review this one, thanks.
    https://www.planespotters.net/photo/...eing-757-256wl
    Click image for larger version  Name:	60796_1594900537.jpg Views:	0 Size:	497.7 KB ID:	1095204

The whole photo is great, but it really has some heat haze, look carefully at the registration "TC-FIR" and then at "Icelandair" on the tail

Comment

Just out of curiosity - what is the point of uploading the same photo to different sites?
      I guess acceptance criteria are quite different on both galleries...

Comment

Originally posted by TomEPKK View Post
        Just out of curiosity - what is the point of uploading the same photo to different sites?
        I guess acceptance criteria are quite different on both galleries...
        Seriously no specific reasons. Probably just because it doesn`t hurt to upload one more time. I found most of criteria works interchangeably

Comment

Originally posted by kbpspotter View Post
          The whole photo is great, but it really has some heat haze, look carefully at the registration "TC-FIR" and then at "Icelandair" on the tail
          Thanks. Trying to upload another one. Really a season to take care of this problem, uhh

Comment

It's a nice photo, however, the photo you uploaded to the other site looks smaller in size than the one you uploaded to JP, so I think it's a bit unfair to compare them together. Looking at your JP rejection, the larger file size shows more clearly where the heat distortion is including along the leading edge of the wing and all around the engine. Also as mentioned above all around the tail area. The appeal screener even left a message to say you could try uploading at a smaller file size which might mask some of the haze and indeed the Planespotters pic does look less hazed. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL View Post
              It's a nice photo, however, the photo you uploaded to the other site looks smaller in size than the one you uploaded to JP, so I think it's a bit unfair to compare them together. Looking at your JP rejection, the larger file size shows more clearly where the heat distortion is including along the leading edge of the wing and all around the engine. Also as mentioned above all around the tail area. The appeal screener even left a message to say you could try uploading at a smaller file size which might mask some of the haze and indeed the Planespotters pic does look less hazed. Hope this helps.
              Hello B777, thanks for the explanation. Luckily TF-FIR paid another visit yesterday so I could get rid of heat distortion this time. Will check out if this happen (yet I hope not)

Comment

Working...
              X