Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage selection

Good evening,

I uploaded a pic of an Antonov AN-22 which had its first flight in 1965 as "vintage" and got a rejection for that even after the appeal. The guideslines say "This category is to be selected for old planes (anything that was not built after 1970, or where the production started before 1970)". So the prduction started before 1970 and so in my understanding of these words it must be vintage or do I understand something completly wrong?

Hi,

a photo is not only rejected for a wrong or missing category, it also had another issue. UR-09307 is from 1974 and therefore it doesn’t need the vintage category.

Best regards,
    Sebastian

Comment

Hi Sebastian,

thank you for your quick reply. I know that the pic has anonther small issue but I still don't understand why "or where the production started before 1970" doesn't count in that case. It is not that important but for me quite misunderstanding. Of course I reuploaded it again with the right category and deleted the other issue.

Good Night

Rainer

Comment

Hi Rainer,

it always depends on the single airframe. For example the first subtype of the Cessna 172 had its first flight in 1955 and is still in production, but just the old variants built before 1970 need the vintage caregory.

Best regards,
        Sebastian

Comment

Vintage/Warbird is also more for warbirds etc. Not for operational commercial aircraft.
          “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Hi together,

thxs for you replies that explains it for me. Indeed I understood that this refers to the model in general and not the specific airframe.

Best greetings

Rainer

Comment

Working...
            X