Opinion on Tamron 18-270mm for aviation photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion on Tamron 18-270mm for aviation photos

I am seriously considering getting a new lense...

Someone recommended the B003 family Tamron AF 18-270mm... But reviews are mixed. Any experience using one?

Originally posted by northstardc4m View Post
    I am seriously considering getting a new lense...

Someone recommended the B003 family Tamron AF 18-270mm... But reviews are mixed. Any experience using one?
    I own a Tamron 18-270 for my Nikon D500. But I used it on my older body, a D5100 aswell. I can tell that up to a focal length of aprox. 200-210 its not that bad. But from there on it keeps getting pretty dark around the edges (Vignetting). But I guess thats normal for such a big difference between the lowest and highest focal length.

The next problem I encounter with this lens, as soon as I turn on the image stabilization, the image quality suffers a lot. Not sure why this happens.

The autofocus is solid, and you can keep up with faster paced objects.

So to put it all together, I personaly started Planespotting with this lens, and it does its job. But if you want to get closer by zooming up to 270mm there might be a loss of quality.

Best regards

Kris

Comment

Ok thanks for the insights... The vingette problem is something that comes up in reviews but not consistently so I appreciate getting another spotters opinion... I think I'm going to pass on it.

Comment

Working...
      X