27L Spotting at KORD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 27L Spotting at KORD

Planning on another trip to KORD next week...just curious if anyone had any recent observations/discussions/run-ins with the security at the USG building parking lot adjacent to 27L. I expect to get my ID checked and intentions questioned, but do they request that you leave the spot or are you allowed to stay? I was looking at hanging out there for a few hours at least.
    Thanks in advance,
    George R. Widener
    Oshkosh, WI USA
    Aircraft Photos Here
    Railroad Pictures Here

Just a refresher for this question...looking at going there again this week. Last time I posted this I wound up going to 22R instead...this time I want the heavies.
    If anyone has a recent "spotting report" for the USG parking lot please respond...
    Thanks in advance...
    George R. Widener
    Oshkosh, WI USA
    Aircraft Photos Here
    Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

As an update for those who may be interested- spent almost 3 1/2 hours today in the USG parking lot adjacent to 25L at KORD and was never hassled. Checked out once via "drive-by" a Rosemont Police Dept. cruiser, but no actual ID check or harassment.
      Kudos to the Rosemont officer who smiled and waved rather than kicking me out.
      Oh, and...err....pictures to follow. Over 500 of them taken, time to sort. Muhahahahahahahah. Heavies!! FedEx, Turkish, China Eastern (cargo), Asiana (cargo), Iberia, Air France, British Airways, and...aw hell some more too. It was a good day.
      George R. Widener
      Oshkosh, WI USA
      Aircraft Photos Here
      Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

Excellent, I am looking forward to seeing those pics. I am chomping at the bit to move back to Chicago and get some spotting done at ORD!! No that I think about it, I think I will fly in next Wednesday and spend some time at ORD and fill a card or two!! If anyone is up to it, you can show me the spots!!
        SET LOVE FREE!!

Comment

Next Wednesday? I might just be able to swing that seeing as how I am off Wednesdays and Thursdays.
          George R. Widener
          Oshkosh, WI USA
          Aircraft Photos Here
          Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

Well, I will be Non-Reving into MDW around noon, I will have to swing by my parents house, pick up the wife car (she'll be in FLL), and make my way to ORD. Send me an e-mail and let me know!
            SET LOVE FREE!!

Comment

Working...
            X