Uncertainty re 'Similar'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncertainty re 'Similar'

Despite having been a member here for many years, I have still occasionally fallen foul of the 'Similar' rejection reason, and want to avoid doing the same again. I enjoy uploading shots which I feel display decent quality, and have been going through some old files, after quite a long absence from aviation photography. I have recently edited a photo I like showing the port side of a Hawk aircraft; the previously accepted photo showing the starboard side - both in flight against the sky - but from the same day. Would this be considered 'similar' for JP?

Here is the accepted image from 2018 - https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9008565

With hindsight I now feel the image I have just edited is lit better.

Many thanks - Paul

If it's the opposite side of the aircraft it wont be considered similar, and if it's better quality than the existing one then it's more likely to be accepted also. Just as a further note, if you no longer like the one in the database you can now delete it from the options under the photo.

Comment

Many thanks for that clarification James. It is in the queue.

The previous photo is fine - no prospect of me wanting it to be deleted!

To continue this clarification process, placing that photo in the queue means I now have two photos in the queue from a trip a few days ago for this same aircraft - the one discussed above, where it is just the aircraft against the sky performing a go around, and another photo of the aircraft taxiing to line up for departure. So one on the ground; one in the air. I like them both. Am I forced to choose between them, or will both be acceptable here as they are taken from different phases of flight?

All the very best.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna'sDad View Post
        Many thanks for that clarification James. It is in the queue.

The previous photo is fine - no prospect of me wanting it to be deleted!

To continue this clarification process, placing that photo in the queue means I now have two photos in the queue from a trip a few days ago for this same aircraft - the one discussed above, where it is just the aircraft against the sky performing a go around, and another photo of the aircraft taxiing to line up for departure. So one on the ground; one in the air. I like them both. Am I forced to choose between them, or will both be acceptable here as they are taken from different phases of flight?

All the very best.
        It would make if far easier, if you show them here.
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Hi Gerardo. Long time no speak. I hope this finds you well. Hopefully these links work:

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Cheers. Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Anna'sDad View Post
            Hi Gerardo. Long time no speak. I hope this finds you well. Hopefully these links work:

Cheers. Paul
            Nope, these 2 photos are not similar

Comment

Working...
            X