Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alec Henderson - Pre-Screening Request

Hi, uhh, I'm new here.

I'm really not sure if this is even in the right place, but I'll try. Just let me know

So I uploaded some pictures yesterday (when I didn't know about this) and I thought I would come and see if any of my pictures have a chance.

Are any of them good? Do they have a chance?

Thanks for any help.

EDIT: The quality of the photo seems to have decreased on this site, but in reality they are clear.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Alec Henderson View Post
    Hi, uhh, I'm new here.

I'm really not sure if this is even in the right place, but I'll try. Just let me know

So I uploaded some pictures yesterday (when I didn't know about this) and I thought I would come and see if any of my pictures have a chance.

Are any of them good? Do they have a chance?

Thanks for any help.

EDIT: The quality of the photo seems to have decreased on this site, but in reality they are clear.
    All of them are bad cropped and framed, noisy, soft and lack contrast.
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

I submitted this to the queue this morning, any ideas of wether or not it would be accepted?
      Attached Files

Comment

I submitted this to the queue this morning, any ideas of wether or not it would be accepted?
        Photos already on the queue will not be pre-screened

Comment

smh.. I guess you didn't actually read the link I provided, but I'll try again..

Please read here VERY CAREFULLY:

2. Prescreening is offered only for images not in the queue currently. Please ask for advice/prescreening before submitting the images to the queue

Comment

dlowwa, considering the only thing you said I did wrong was make a new thread, no, I did not read it.

Comment

dlowwa, considering the only thing you said I did wrong was make a new thread, no, I did not read it.
              Go read the post again, I literally wrote "...please read here carefully, especially #2 and #4:"

Don't know how else it can be any more clear, but anyway..

Comment

This photo HAS NOT BEEN UPLOADED.

Any thoughts on this one?
                Attached Files

Comment

dlowwa now that I reread I do realize I made a mistake, still don’t understand why you have to publicly humiliate me for making an honest mistake but ok…

Comment

dlowwa now that I reread I do realize I made a mistake, still don’t understand why you have to publicly humiliate me for making an honest mistake but ok…
                    Sometimes a little public outing does wonders to make sure certain habits aren't repeated

Any thoughts on this one?
                    Well...

Have you read here yet?

6. Try to attach the exact images you plan to upload to your post

The above image cannot be uploaded due to its size, so can't offer any comments. Besides that, it looks suspiciously similar to the one already in the queue, which would make it similar and again preclude it from being prescreened.

Comment

Right then. here are some images that HAVE NOT BEEN UPLOADED TO THE QUEUE, ARE FROM A DIFFERENT BURST, and ARE ON MY ORIGINAL TOPIC.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Right then. here are some images that HAVE NOT BEEN UPLOADED TO THE QUEUE, ARE FROM A DIFFERENT BURST, and ARE ON MY ORIGINAL TOPIC.
                        1. backlit, soft, dark, dirty
                        2. backlit, soft, dark, dirty, overprocessed
                        3. backlit, cut off

Some additional reading:

5.1 Backlit

As a general rule: Don't take pictures with the sun in your eyes, shooting against the sun puts the visible half of the aircraft in shadow which means we can't see it to its advantage.
                        As a rule of thumb: if the tail casts a shadow on the fuselage, the photo is most likely to be rejected for backlit.

(along with everything else in the guide)

Comment

Thoughts on this one?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thoughts on this one?
                            Soft and poorly cropped.

Comment

Working...
                            X