Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taking photos of military (colour/brightness)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking photos of military (colour/brightness)

Hello mates,

I've visited a base and also a factory these days and there have been some traffic. Of course these helicopters have the typical military green/camouflage green. Weather was of course also not the best but also not the worst. And the helicopters are totally dark. Also had that problem during summer with some military planes even there was sun (do not have example here to show).
    Below an example, what settigns are best here to get good results.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4688.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	453.6 KB
ID:	1100423
    View my Spottingpictures on Jetphotos.net here

Hello
    Sorry, it will be because of my bad English, but I didn't understand the meaning of this post.

Comment

Its simply that I'm not that satisfied with the result everytime I'm taking shots of military planes with green painting. They are all underexposed so that the plane itself is not good to upload and also I'm personal not happy with that.

View my Spottingpictures on Jetphotos.net here

Comment

Generally, not just for military green aircraft, I use exposure compensation at + 0.5Ev. But the photo you posted also seems to me to suffer from low contrast and backlight.
        Friendliness

Comment

Originally posted by StefBrat View Post
          Hello mates,

I've visited a base and also a factory these days and there have been some traffic. Of course these helicopters have the typical military green/camouflage green. Weather was of course also not the best but also not the worst. And the helicopters are totally dark. Also had that problem during summer with some military planes even there was sun (do not have example here to show).
          Below an example, what settigns are best here to get good results.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4688.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	453.6 KB
ID:	1100423
          Different settings won't help in the above image; the poor weather is the main problem there. If you are noticing issues with darker aircraft being underexposed in general, perhaps you might want to adjust however you have your metering set, and have it more weighted towards the center.

Comment

Working...
          X