Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CarPhotos Or JetPhotos ?

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8506653

Sorry for the irony in the post title. However, here's a reject that I didn't see any logic: rejecting a photo because of the license plate of a vehicle that is private security and paid for by INFRAERO of Campo de Marte. This vehicle is part of the movement of the airport. So in the logic of the screener he just noticed the car and not the entire contention of the photo as the aircraft that is the center and focus of the photo.

SCREENER COMMENT:

Car licence plate visible.

As I say, this car is part of the airport traffic even though it is a third party.

Hello,

Please read here carefully before posting any 'ironic' topics in the future, as you might find the explanation you are looking for.

Specifically:

3.4.3 Motive

For privacy reasons the following situations can lead to a motive rejection
    • The photo exposes a readable vehicle license plate. Blurring the plate to a minimum which makes the plate unreadable is accepted.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Hello,

Please read here carefully before posting any 'ironic' topics in the future, as you might find the explanation you are looking for.

Specifically:

3.4.3 Motive

For privacy reasons the following situations can lead to a motive rejection
      • The photo exposes a readable vehicle license plate. Blurring the plate to a minimum which makes the plate unreadable is accepted.

Thank you.
      I appreciate the quick response. However you mentioned in the rules: Blurring the plate to a minimum which makes the plate unreadable is accepted.

That would be practically digital manipulation. And to avoid banishment I avoid doing such an act. I don't see any problems with cars. Except it is for private use.

Comment

Originally posted by Radioactivity View Post

I appreciate the quick response. However you mentioned in the rules: Blurring the plate to a minimum which makes the plate unreadable is accepted.

That would be practically digital manipulation. And to avoid banishment I avoid doing such an act. I don't see any problems with cars. Except it is for private use.
        You don’t see, other people do. Dana has posted the bit of the guidelines applicable to exactly this question. It’s easy to follow.
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Maybe I wasn't quite clear: those are the guidelines we (the screening team) follow when screening images uploaded to this (Jetphotos.com) site. That's nice that you don't see any problems with cars, but it explicitly states that 1) readable car plates are not allowed and 2) it is acceptable to blur the plates to avoid this problem, which in turn means 1) we will reject images with readable car plates and 2) it is acceptable to have (i.e. we won't reject) images that have had the plates blurred.

If you don't wish to follow those guidelines, that's fine, but please don't make ironic posts complaining about it when it has been made abundantly clear to you what is acceptable, and what is not.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Maybe I wasn't quite clear: those are the guidelines we (the screening team) follow when screening images uploaded to this (Jetphotos.com) site. That's nice that you don't see any problems with cars, but it explicitly states that 1) readable car plates are not allowed and 2) it is acceptable to blur the plates to avoid this problem, which in turn means 1) we will reject images with readable car plates and 2) it is acceptable to have (i.e. we won't reject) images that have had the plates blurred.

If you don't wish to follow those guidelines, that's fine, but please don't make ironic posts complaining about it when it has been made abundantly clear to you what is acceptable, and what is not.
            Ok. So how do I blur the plate without being accused of manipulation?

Comment

Any way you prefer.

Comment

Very Simple,You can always use the option "Comments to screeners" to make your intention and motives clear

Comment

Working...
                X