Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Editing Halos' question

Hi screeners,

This image got rejected for bad postprocessing, and after an appeal the senior screener pointed out that this rejection was due to editing halos:
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

For reference, could you please point out to where the halos are?

Cheers,
    Ben

I can see some pretty strong halos in the equalized ("check for dust") version, but can't see them on the normal (unequalized) version...
    In my opinion, this shouldn't lead to a rejection. Mr. Dana Low have shed some light in this thread of mine: https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...ocessing/page2

Hope some screener can help you soon!
    My pictures: https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/46959

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Long View Post
      Hi screeners,

This image got rejected for bad postprocessing, and after an appeal the senior screener pointed out that this rejection was due to editing halos:
      JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

For reference, could you please point out to where the halos are?

Cheers,
      Ben
      Hope you can see those? and that patchy sky as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	459
Size:	273.4 KB
ID:	1100727

Comment

Shooting from the bottom up and the aperture too open can cause halos.
        In this particular case, not knowing your workflow, it is difficult to come to a conclusion.

Comment

Hi

Halos can either be caused by overuse of highlights, shadows, clarity and dehaze tool. If you are shooting with Nikon, it can be caused by D-Lighting, so make sure it is switched off - hope it clears things up.

Kind regards,

Matteo L. - JetPhotos Crew

Comment

Originally posted by mahagonny View Post
            Shooting from the bottom up and the aperture too open can cause halos.
            In this particular case, not knowing your workflow, it is difficult to come to a conclusion.
            Shooting angle and aperture setting will have zero relation to such kinds of halos. They are purely a result of software/poor editing, as Matteo has mentioned. You will need to adjust your workflow if you hope to see them removed.

Comment

Working...
            X