Top of the day photos by Steve Rinde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top of the day photos by Steve Rinde

Hello there, I have only one question: how is it possible that every single photo uploaded by Steve Rinde is getting to top of the day? I have no idea why and how it happens. Thx in advance

Originally posted by Fred_aviation View Post
    Hello there, I have only one question: how is it possible that every single photo uploaded by Steve Rinde is getting to top of the day? I have no idea why and how it happens. Thx in advance
    Maybe his photos are shared on social media. Nothing we can control.
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

​​​​​​https://www.mystalk.net/profile/msp_plane_spotter/

Comment

Indeed something that is definitely annoying, especially as most of the pics are plain Common and others don‘t pop Up on the hit list, which deserve ist more.

Comment

This guy has more photo of the day for a few weeks than me since first photo
          Have a lot of sun, and amazing photos!
          https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/137888

Comment

I would even say most "Top of the day photos" are there because people share it on Facebook Groups, Twitter etc.
            The home page of JP became boring because of that.

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post

Maybe his photos are shared on social media. Nothing we can control.
              Why not remove the "Top of the day" and move the "latest photos" box to the top?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred_aviation View Post
                Hm. Hi, you shiny new jetphotos forum member! Everytime I visit this forum, since more than 12 years, I have done this via the forum entry on the main page. And that's why I am here tonight.

There still is one a/c type, who is able to bring men (and women?), all jetphotographers very close to emotion. Here it is:
                Longtail Aviation 'Georgy' B744F departing New York JFK. VQ-BWS. Boeing 747-467F(SCD). JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Still in the air, since more than half a century, the type 747!

The airline info says: 'Longtail Aviation' . But in my eyes that seems like a CX-B744ERF (Cathay Pacific 747 Freighter). Doesn't it?

However, that's my jetphoto of the day. Photographed January 18th 2021. Uploaded January 28th 2021.

PS: I just looked it up. The classic Cathay reg was VR, not VQ. But the Cathay VR- has become Cathay B- . Longtail Aviation only exists since 1999, so that could be a son of mine, to be honest. Here is a new 2021 jetphoto of the CX-B744ERF, to show you what I mean. VQ and CX, they really seem to be sisters in my eyes:
                B-LIC. Boeing 747-467ERF. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

The 747 is alive, also in her 51st year of worldwide service. And I so very very very much love it!
                Last edited by LH-B744; 2021-01-29, 05:28. Reason: I looked it up. CX and VQ are sisters, aren't they.
                The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
                The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
                And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
                This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

It was so funny earlier, but now is very annoying. I see on the main page photos of Steve Rinde every day.Someone should do something with that, because photos are really casual, nothing special.
                  Have a lot of sun, and amazing photos!
                  https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/137888

Comment

Just today, top picture Fedex MD11 departing, pic is soft, has a slight greenish tone, front part of the aircraft is not lit and so on and so on. Extremely annoying, knowing there are so many good shots in the database available, which deserve that kind of attention much more

Comment

Anyone else considered doing the same thing such as starting a social media account for your aviation photos?

Comment

Steve has been contacted and hopefully the situation will improve

Alex
                        Last edited by Alex - Spot-This !; 2021-02-16, 11:05.

Comment

I thought I was the only one noticing this!
                          I don't even know Mr. Rinde and I have nothing against him. By the way, his pics are very beautiful. However, it's indeed boring to see his pics every single time at the front page. It also makes me think that a "boost" in views is being used, much probably by massive sharing on social media
                          My pictures: https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/46959

Comment

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
                            Steve has been contacted and hopefully the situation will improve

Alex
                            I would have liked to seen that message. Obviously Mr Rinde needs some adoration. He knows how to hold a camera and I have seen some great shots of his posted. But some with over a thousand views in a single day of an aircraft climbing on take off.

Comment

All,
                              First, the comments on my most recent upload are ridiculous and immature (if you have an issue reach out to me directly). One comment by a newly-created anonymous account (brave person) said I am a “SHAMELESS CHEATER,” well I have confirmation that linking through social media is not illegal on JP, and in fact is ok to do, but maybe I could slow down on it.

Which brings me to my next point. I view my aviation online presence as a holistic unit, cross-pollinating from one platform to another. On Instagram I create stories that that make people guess what aircraft/airline is in the partial picture, and link that to my Jetphotos upload. Seems like a legitimate thing to do? Another comment on my most recent upload, N405DX, said “click bait,” well, you are free to think that, but I can tell you I get good feedback on my IG Stories that people like guessing the aircraft.

Some are commenting that my photos are quite normal, and there is some legitimacy to that. However, in my opinion there are many photos on the front page that are even more “normal” than mine, but there are also some that are a much higher quality. I could name a few photographers that in my opinion should have most of their photos on the front page. But the reality is that a whole lot of the photos that make it there are actually linked through outside sources.

What I didn’t expect, but maybe should have, is that a portion of the population on JP would get annoyed at seeing my pictures on the front page a lot. I assumed people wouldn’t care enough or have the time to get worked-up about something like this when there is no money involved (nobody is losing out by not getting on the front page.) Also, there are four continuously revolving front page slots, not one.

For those concerned, I will be uploading far more infrequently. This is out of respect for the Jetphotos crew who I don’t want to create a headache for - having to answer questions about why this random guy is always on the front page. I’m not doing it for those trivial complaints. I will continue to link my few photos on social media, because that’s what I choose to do and my followers enjoy it.

Regards,

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X