Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Seeming to Vanish After Screening

Good evening fellow JPers.
    I've recently had a batch screened, when I opened my queue, it showed I had two accepted and one rejected. However, the one that got rejected is nowhere to be found. I looked at my queue, my profile, my rejected photos, the aircraft's page and my email and the photo seemingly vanished off the face of the website. It would've been screened at approximately the same time as the below images on early February 24. The image was of a Summit Air Avro RJ100 (C-FXRJ) at Nanaimo Airport from February 16, 2021. Would appreciate some help possibly finding it/getting it either uploaded or put into my 'Rejected' list as I felt it was JP worthy and would like to appeal the rejection if need be. Many thanks for any help. Cody.
    https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10072720
    https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10072729

There is sometimes a delay before the photos come through when they are rejected. I noticed this a few months ago

Comment

Not a screener, but this is what I assume is happening. So typically what that means is, the screener who first saw/screened the photo saw something that they thought warranted a rejection, but they want a second opinion from another screener or the head screener. So if they initially reject the photo, but are seeking counsel, it will stay in your queue with the message (photo is currently being screened, cannot be deleted) or something along those lines till a final decision is made. If the photo is truly rejected, it will show up in your rejected photos section with a rejection reason. Though it sometimes takes a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by SAMRPICS View Post
        There is sometimes a delay before the photos come through when they are rejected. I noticed this a few months ago
        Thanks for the response. I've had a few delays before but nothing to this extent of two days and counting now.

Originally posted by SAMRPICS View Post
        Not a screener, but this is what I assume is happening. So typically what that means is, the screener who first saw/screened the photo saw something that they thought warranted a rejection, but they want a second opinion from another screener or the head screener. So if they initially reject the photo, but are seeking counsel, it will stay in your queue with the message (photo is currently being screened, cannot be deleted) or something along those lines till a final decision is made. If the photo is truly rejected, it will show up in your rejected photos section with a rejection reason. Though it sometimes takes a little bit.
        Thanks for the response. That could very well be the case. First time I've ever had one take this long to come through. Will have to wait until it appears again

Comment

Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
          Not quite correct. There is no 'initial rejection'. Until a final decision is made, any image, either voted accept/reject, will simply remain in the normal queue showing as currently being screened. Whenever the image is accepted/rejected, there is no 'delay' period. There is often a lag with accepted images showing up when searching the DB, as the DB re-indexes only periodically, but if you have a direct link, the image will show up immediately upon it being accepted.

For rejected images such as the one mentioned in the OP, there is no such issue unless some other step has been taken, like an appeal. If it truly had been simply rejected and nothing else done and it no longer appears, then it may have been a system bug, for which there unfortunately is nothing that can be done. If you have a link to the image as it was in the queue, or the image ID#, I can check that, but a description of the type of aircraft alone is not enough to make it worth the time to try and track down, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Not quite correct. There is no 'initial rejection'. Until a final decision is made, any image, either voted accept/reject, will simply remain in the normal queue showing as currently being screened. Whenever the image is accepted/rejected, there is no 'delay' period. There is often a lag with accepted images showing up when searching the DB, as the DB re-indexes only periodically, but if you have a direct link, the image will show up immediately upon it being accepted.

For rejected images such as the one mentioned in the OP, there is no such issue unless some other step has been taken, like an appeal. If it truly had been simply rejected and nothing else done and it no longer appears, then it may have been a system bug, for which there unfortunately is nothing that can be done. If you have a link to the image as it was in the queue, or the image ID#, I can check that, but a description of the type of aircraft alone is not enough to make it worth the time to try and track down, sorry.
            I have noticed that although a photo still remains in the queue with the message stating 'Photo is already being screened and cannot be deleted' I notice that my acceptance rate will decrease if first screener rejects it and passes it onto another screener for a second opinion. That is what I referred to as 'initially rejected' because the first screener saw something that warranted a rejection, but was seeking counsel from another screener or head screener. In my honest opinion, it was the easiest way to explain it from my point of view. I will remember moving forward that photos are voted accept/reject until a final decision made and use that terminology instead

Comment

I have noticed that although a photo still remains in the queue with the message stating 'Photo is already being screened and cannot be deleted' I notice that my acceptance rate will decrease if first screener rejects it and passes it onto another screener for a second opinion. That is what I referred to as 'initially rejected' because the first screener saw something that warranted a rejection, but was seeking counsel from another screener or head screener. In my honest opinion, it was the easiest way to explain it from my point of view. I will remember moving forward that photos are voted accept/reject until a final decision made and use that terminology instead
              Very interesting. I was not aware that decisions while images are in the queue will affect one's ratio. Not sure why that is the case, since the initial vote can easily be reversed by the next two (or one if it's a senior) screener. In any case, while there is an apparent delay (but not a real one since images go live the instant they are added, they just might take some time to be found via search) for accepted images, there should be none for rejected images, and certainly not one that lasts 24 hours+.

Comment

That is not correct. Every photo which is already screened by at least one screener is temporaly shown in the ratio statistic as "rejected" and decrease the rate, also when the first screener voted for add but ask for a second opinion or it was direct referred for senior review.

Martin

Jetphotos.com Crew

Comment

Thanks for the response Dana. I still have no movement on the aforementioned photo. At this point I’m chalking it up as a big that somehow deleted the image and no email was sent. Will reupload and try again.
                  Thanks, Cody

Comment

Working...
                  X