Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horizon Unlevel ? Really ?

Hi everybody !

I'm trying to upload this pic: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8997186

but I receive this notice : Horizon Unlevel.. but with the Horizon tool, it tells that everything is okay.. can someone help me ? When I try to appeal this pic, nothing happen (same as other photos in the past few weeks)

Also, I don't know why I get "Categories wrong or missing" even if I've used the Auto-fill and I checked before if everything was ok..

Thanks a lot

Regards

Hi, not a screener here.

Categories.. I assume you didn't select "Cargo" in the category list? As that is probably the reason.

JP are very very precise for horizons. I would say the white line of the runway is the best indicator on this photo, and with my eyes, I would say it needs 1 or two clicks of counter clockwise rotation according to the distance between the white lines and the nearest yellow grid line on either side of the photo. (see attached https://ibb.co/Hht460h)

Hope it helps

Comment

I would agree that the horizon looks acceptable. The 2 other rejection reasons are fair.

Regards
      Alex

Comment

The most reliable indicator here is the tower, and it's spot on in the image with the lattice overlay. Runways and taxiways are rarely level but the last time someone built a leaning tower was in Pisa! The only time a horizon is reliable is if it consists entirely of water!

JP's screening process is fundamentally flawed if it judges level based purely on the horizon.

Comment

Originally posted by gdinscoll View Post
          Hi, not a screener here.

Categories.. I assume you didn't select "Cargo" in the category list? As that is probably the reason.

JP are very very precise for horizons. I would say the white line of the runway is the best indicator on this photo, and with my eyes, I would say it needs 1 or two clicks of counter clockwise rotation according to the distance between the white lines and the nearest yellow grid line on either side of the photo. (see attached https://ibb.co/Hht460h)

Hope it helps
          Don’t use runway lines. They are useless if there is any degree of slope on the runway and I have yet to see a perfectly flat runway. Wherever possible use a vertical edge of a substantial building to check your level. In the case of this image that bloody great, very solid control tower will give a good guide. Use a vertical as close to the centre of the image as possible.
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post

Don’t use runway lines. They are useless if there is any degree of slope on the runway and I have yet to see a perfectly flat runway. Wherever possible use a vertical edge of a substantial building to check your level. In the case of this image that bloody great, very solid control tower will give a good guide. Use a vertical as close to the centre of the image as possible.
            That is fine and I agree completely, but as two others have alluded to, the horizon is pretty dead level. Maybe I should be more clear, that I assume the screener probably used the runway lines showing an unlevel horizon

Comment

Originally posted by gdinscoll View Post
              JP are very very precise for horizons.

wasn't really the case here... same goes for some pics in database...
              My pictures: https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/46959

Comment

Originally posted by Leo 747 View Post

wasn't really the case here... same goes for some pics in database...
                Commenting from my experience

Comment

Originally posted by benji_pics View Post
                  ? When I try to appeal this pic, nothing happen (same as other photos in the past few weeks)

Also, I don't know why I get "Categories wrong or missing" even if I've used the Auto-fill and I checked before if everything was ok..

Thanks a lot

Regards
                  Just out of interest, before you made this post about the horizon, did you read the appeal screener's comments to you? In the appeal reason it actually states that the horizon is acceptable but the other rejection reasons were valid., so your appeal rejection was not based on the horizon at all but the other reasons.

Comment

Working...
                  X