Sending money to people to get views on photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zihao Wang View Post
    I recommend all you guys stop arguing and wait for our lovely administrator to deal lol
    I have to say i am wrong man is right

Comment

Originally posted by Zihao Wang View Post
      I recommend all you guys stop arguing and wait for our lovely administrator to deal lol
      Meh.. people are allowed to let their opinions out, as long as it's done in a respectful and civil matter. Keep it that way, and the thread will remain open.

As for sharing links/promoting images in group chats, at the moment there are no rules against such behaviour, but as always, the JP crew may decide to make changes to this policy in the future if need be.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Chang View Post

So you mean people should not share JP link to the group chat?
        Remember one more thing, Leige Yang was one of the guys who gave the shit to Steve’s action. Now, he is doing what Steve did. The only difference is, Steve used his followers, Yang used his money. The thing I learned was, Yang may not have that many followers, but he is rich for sure.

In the future if I see him, can I just tell him hey Yang Ive clicked ur photos several times so give me money...

im not bothering you Charlie.

Comment

Sharing of links is allowed and the jetphotos.crew has no possibility to track on which social media platform a pic is shared or by whom. Therefore there is nothing we can do about it, except ask our users to not destroy a beautiful hobby by making it competitive or even monetising it.

Comment

Just remove all view counters and numbers from the website and this issue will disappear pretty soon!

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
              Sharing of links is allowed and the jetphotos.crew has no possibility to track on which social media platform a pic is shared or by whom. Therefore there is nothing we can do about it, except ask our users to not destroy a beautiful hobby by making it competitive or even monetising it.
              So you mean.. if it’s a good photo (as for the photographer), we are ok to share the link on the social medias to try to make the photo get to the JP front page?

Comment

In all this "views number situation" I wonder how many photographers would be gone from this site if for some reason JP stopped feeding shots to FR24.

Comment

Originally posted by doublearon2003 View Post
                  I am not uncomfortable on this situation. I just think its totally unfair to others because no one else is going out asking for views. You are on the front page enough and does it really mean that much to you? Let others have a chance man
                  Totally agree hahaha

What kind of person pay for other people to click on his pictures? Just to pretend to be a better people? Get higher and higher numbers of views and likes for what? What exactly does it means to someone?

I admit i'm proud of having more than 2.000.000 views on my photos, but I'm proud of it just because I never did the stupid thing of paying people to see it hahaha, they are just nice pictures which were seen spontaneously more than two million times because are good pictures, not because I paid anyone!

I agree with doublearon2003, the site would be a lot more reliable if only real good pictures and photographers were shown on front page, photos that really deserves to be there!

Comment

Originally posted by Toddshi
                    Well, you should admit that the photos are really good and deserve front-page spots. I believe a major number of views came from random people around the world who appreciate the shot, not the people in the group. After all, these are not standard photos ("standard" means plane in the blue sky). When reaching such quality, being on the front page will become easier. Link in the group chats is not really mattered a lot.
                    Can't agree more, hahaha, everyone loves the high quality photos, and that's the reason why they click it and like it

Comment

Originally posted by NYspotter View Post

So you mean.. if it’s a good photo (as for the photographer), we are ok to share the link on the social medias to try to make the photo get to the JP front page?
                      I mean there is a share function on the photo page and we also do share photos on our social media outlets, so if people share they share.

Comment

There are some really elitist comments here, suggesting that 'standard blue sky shots' can't be of quality. Some of us do them because we like them, not because they're easy. Some of us would much prefer to satisfy our own criteria rather than that laid out by viewers. Tell you what, put your digital camera down, get yourself a 35mm camera, and go out and shoot some prefect side-ons. Then be sure to show us your results. You'll never take Photoshop for granted again!

Much of what appears on the front page here doesn't get there on merit. Quality is subjective, just bear that in mind.

This over-competitiveness is ruining the hobby. Everyone enjoys getting their work viewed but if an image of mine only gets 50 hits in 12 months, so what? I've removed myself from much of the social side of the hobby because too many people are now getting into arguments because they are constantly under the impression that everyone wants to steal their thunder.

Karl

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post

I mean there is a share function on the photo page and we also do share photos on our social media outlets, so if people share they share.
                          true you guys share which I already knew. the difference is jp does not share every single photo, its kinda like a public platform, its facing all the users/followers of your accounts .
                          but still, people/photographers share links on their own accounts. Like what someone else said in Steve Rinde's case, Sharing links in/on photographers' accounts/social medias can ONLY show how popular the photographers are, not how good their photos are. JP is a public platform, not where someone exposures themselves.

Again, I do not see anything wrong with JP sharping links, cause on FB/Twitter JP are officially posting/sharing. This is completely different from photographers sharing links to their own areas.
                          If it still ok for you, I'll absolutely be sharing some of my future uploads (well at least photos I love) cause you allowed photographers to share their photos.

Sounds ok?

Im not bothering anyone.

Comment

If you share, you share. How should we stop you? Monitor every social media app in the world, check all backlinks for every photo making it to the front page?

This would neither be technically possible nor would be be able to shoulder the workload to do it.

Comment

Unfortunately there are hundreds of amazing shots that never find their way onto the front page. There's no way the top five is indicative of the quality of what's being uploaded each day. Recently we saw a load of side-ons — some in very mediocre light — making the top spot. I'm a big fan of side-ons and they're not easy to perfect, without Photoshop, but the only way a standard side-on should be making the top is if it features a newsworthy or otherwise interesting subject.

I just don't get why any hobbyist would go to extreme lengths to get views — it might be perfectly 'legal' on sites such as this but there's an underhand and selfish element to it. It's typically psychologically indicative of a sociopath or someone lacking self-esteem.

Comment

Working...
                              X