Photo loses quality after uploaded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo loses quality after uploaded

I'm afraid that all of my photos in the queue suffered a considerable loss of quality after uploaded. Can someone please check if this actually happened.

If you look at the brazil map in the tail, the loss of quality becomes very clear.

Original: https://i.imgur.com/ARiwEFW.jpg

The one in the queue:

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Thanks in advance.

PS: PR-AKF was used just as an example, all of my photos appears to be suffering from the same issue
    Attached Files

Originally posted by trenchjp View Post
    I'm afraid that all of my photos in the queue suffered a considerable loss of quality after uploaded. Can someone please check if this actually happened.

If you look at the brazil map in the tail, the loss of quality becomes very clear.

The one in the queue:

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Thanks in advance.

PS: PR-AKF was used just as an example, all of my photos appears to be suffering from the same issue
    I agree that the photo uploaded to JP shows low quality, some JPG artifacts and noise, but it is just the same image of the first link, I can't see any difference between them

I suggest you to verify in the editting software if you are saving the file in the maximun quality. If the loss of quality that you refer is a color issue, check if you are editing the pictures in the sRGB color space

Comment

The one in the queue:

Thanks in advance.

I don't see any difference in visual quality between the two images, and the file size of the uploaded image is even slightly larger than the 'original' (likely accounted for by the addition of the copyright bar).

No compression is applied to images uploaded to the queue, so you might want to double check what you think you are seeing.

Comment

The one in the queue:

Thanks in advance.

I have had the same problem, it really depends on the photo, there is a change in quality in the queue. It was a big fight with my last accepted photo, and every time I sent it it got the lowest quality in the queue. I can't tell you why that happened. Good lucky

Comment

Originally posted by llpilch View Post

I agree that the photo uploaded to JP shows low quality, some JPG artifacts and noise, but it is just the same image of the first link, I can't see any difference between them

I suggest you to verify in the editting software if you are saving the file in the maximun quality. If the loss of quality that you refer is a color issue, check if you are editing the pictures in the sRGB color space
          I Suggest change the Navigator! I every time use Chrome ... but in my lasted problem with quality, I used Microsoft Edge

Comment

My two cents...

I use two macbook pros, one 2012 and one 2017 (the updated model wit the crappy keyboard). I use my old MBP for LR and uploading as it is plugged into my monitor, and so the quality of the photos look fine on this computer. However, on my 2017 MBP the quality is degraded if I look at the same photo on the website, I think its just to do with different resolutions/pixels etc??

Im not too sure why

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

I don't see any difference in visual quality between the two images, and the file size of the uploaded image is even slightly larger than the 'original' (likely accounted for by the addition of the copyright bar).

No compression is applied to images uploaded to the queue, so you might want to double check what you think you are seeing.
              Can you please give it another look? I asked a couple of friends about this and they all agreed that there was indeed a quality loss. One of my pictures that also have a quality loss is at 2.000 in the queue, if i don't fix this soon enough i'm afraid i'll have to re-upload all of them again and wait another 10 days for a screening.

The weird part is that they were looking fine until today.

The loss of quality is completely noticable if you look at the Brazil map on the tail.

Comment

Originally posted by gdinscoll View Post
                My two cents...

I use two macbook pros, one 2012 and one 2017 (the updated model wit the crappy keyboard). I use my old MBP for LR and uploading as it is plugged into my monitor, and so the quality of the photos look fine on this computer. However, on my 2017 MBP the quality is degraded if I look at the same photo on the website, I think its just to do with different resolutions/pixels etc??

Im not too sure why
                I have a 32'' Samsung TV that i use as a monitor and a notebook, i can see the loss of quality on both.

Comment

Originally posted by llpilch View Post

Thank you for your input, however that's not really the case, i save my photos with 100% quality and the issue is not a color one.

Comment

Can you please give it another look? I asked a couple of friends about this and they all agreed that there was indeed a quality loss. One of my pictures that also have a quality loss is at 2.000 in the queue, if i don't fix this soon enough i'm afraid i'll have to re-upload all of them again and wait another 10 days for a screening.

The weird part is that they were looking fine until today.

The loss of quality is completely noticable if you look at the Brazil map on the tail.
                    These are 100% crops of the two images that you say look quite different, especially, the tail. Can you really see a difference? If so, can you tell which one is a crop from the version in the queue, and which one is the version you posted on a separate site? I cannot see any difference at all.

Click image for larger version

Name:	35903_1619378138.jpeg
Views:	587
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	1114657

Comment

These are 100% crops of the two images that you say look quite different, especially, the tail. Can you really see a difference? If so, can you tell which one is a crop from the version in the queue, and which one is the version you posted on a separate site? I cannot see any difference at all.

Click image for larger version  Name:	35903_1619378138.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	159.7 KB ID:	1114657
                      They are indeed identical, but they are also both with bad quality.

I did the same thing here, can you see if its different now? I also made a youtube video attempting to show the issue more clearly, please consider watching: https://youtu.be/FtxSszbLadY
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by trenchjp; 2021-04-28, 13:06. Reason: youtube video

Comment

They are indeed identical, but they are also both with bad quality.
                        Well, one is the one you posted as the 'original', so that would tell me the problem is definitely on your end if the original is 'bad quality' too.

Comment

Well, one is the one you posted as the 'original', so that would tell me the problem is definitely on your end if the original is 'bad quality' too.
                          Did you watch de video? Does the difference in quality is noticable on it?

Comment

Did you watch de video? Does the difference in quality is noticable on it?
                            Honestly, the video means nothing because I don't know exactly how you determined the good/bad quality images, whereas for the example I posted I clearly said one is the image in the queue, and one is your 'original', and there is no difference between then two. So no matter what your video shows, you are using different images than the ones in your original post meaning any conclusions drawn from them would be useless.

Comment

whereas for the example I posted I clearly said one is the image in the queue, and one is your 'original', and there is no difference between then two.
                              Maybe imgur is compressing the image on your end? I honestly don't know what's happening... The photo looks fine in my pc AND in imgur, but after i uploaded it to the queue, it got compressed after 1 day, not instantly, but after 1 day. I re-uploaded all of my images yesterday, at the moment, they looked exactly as when i exported them from ps, which means that they were completely fine, but when i checked them today, they lost all their quality...

So no matter what your video shows, you are using different images than the ones in your original post meaning any conclusions drawn from them would be useless.
                              That's not true, they are the imgur one and the jetphotos one, i just put them in photoshop so i could make a better comparison to the video.

Is there anyway to send you the original file without passing it through any sites (i.e: imgur, jetphotos link)? I uploaded it to google drive but it might just get compressed and all the effort would be useless, do you have an email or any idea of a better way to send you the file? Then you can check for yourself and see that the photo indeed lost quality after uploaded to the queue. Please, I want to figure out what is going on and find a solution asap. Thank you.
                              Last edited by trenchjp; 2021-04-30, 14:08. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                              X