X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screener's Choice and greed...

Hi everyone,
    About this photo : https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10135347

As you see it got a Screener's Choice, and as you see, some people felt the need to post comments about it not being SC worthy...

Obviously those guys need some explanation about a Screener's Choice. Actually, the name sums it pretty well. It's a Choice made by a Screener (and confirmed by a 2nd one) - There's no given standards other than the "WOW" factor for the screeners involved.
    That's a rare, unique way where screeners have a real liberty to promote a photo directly.
    When we get that "WOW" factor it's really like a very nice reward after screening hundreds and hundreds of common photos.

So yeah, not everyone gets a "WOW" factor on the same photos, I often ask the crew to select more SCs, but unfortunately those negative comments have the exact opposite effect as Screeners involved might be more shy to give SC in the future...

So... if you feel "my shot should have gotten a SC" or "this picture doesn't deserve a SC", sorry but it's not how we meant that reward; I hope you understand it better now.

That Piper photo is just great. Its composition is spot-on, you get a great feeling of Spring... A lot of poetry there, sorry for you if you don't get the magic ...

And finally, on a personal note, we all live in times where what we surely don't need is more negativity. Feel happy for the ones how got a reward, give likes and positive comments...

Stay safe

Alex
    Last edited by Alex - Spot-This !; 2021-04-27, 16:44.

As Alex pointed out a Screener´s Choice is a photo that a screener thought to be deserving of extra exposure because it might me spectacular, showing a rare subject, being especially well done or simply stands out for this screener in one way or the other.

I understand that this photo might not be your cup of tea, if your are in the hobby for the exposure on social media or for the recognition in the spotter community - aka hits and likes - but in the end this photo is a perfect visualisation of the beauty of flying.

And yes, I voted for that SC, because not only is it a beautifully composed pic, it is also a pic only a person that really loves aviation would take and up-load.
    Last edited by seahawk; 2021-04-27, 16:56.

Comment

hey guys,

first of all the picutre is great, i didn`t meant my comment to be negative it is just my opinion regarding the other screeners choice.
      But there is a question in my head, this one: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10091366 Same date, same spot but why didnt this one get the SC award? its just a different aircraft in the very same spot.

When i scroll through the screeners choice page there are very unique perspectives (air 2 aira, great night shots or very rare moments such as a rainbow with the TU approaching)
      thats my understanding of a screeners choice and as i said before i didnt want to insult someone by saying my personal opinion.

Cheers

Comment

Simple the second one was screened after the SC and we tend to avoid giving out SC to similar pics from the same photographer.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
          Hi everyone,
          About this photo : https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10135347

As you see it got a Screener's Choice, and as you see, some people felt the need to post comments about it not being SC worthy...
          Good evening ladies and gentlemen,
          I am Lars Kämena, one of the guys who commented under the penultimate screeners choice.
          First of all I want to clarify that my purpose was NEVER to hurt anyone, not a screener who voted for the pic nor the photographer himself, namely Mister Liander. That's why I want to deeply apologize if that happened in some way. Also I didn't want to spread 'negative energy' nor I wanted to discredit the decision of the screeners in any way. The comment just reflects my personal thought on the shot and sorry again if it was somehow too direct or anything similar.

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
          And finally, on a personal note, we all live in times where what we surely don't need is more negativity. Feel happy for the ones how got a reward, give likes and positive comments...
          We do, Alex, you're fully correct, and I am a person that smashes the like and comment button comparatively often, with my honest opinion in it, and I do see your point with the spring composition of the picture. But as already written multiple times above, I am not that guy that trolls around and comments random insults, but just his view and I am sorry if I did insult anyone.

Have a good evening and stay safe.
          Brgds and greetings from Germany,
          Lars Kämena

Comment

Thanks ofr your message Lars... Appreciated

Now let's see if Lucas Borstell sees this Forum Topic...

Comment

I am glad that some GA photos get a SC. I fully stand behind the screeners who gave this a SC.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenden S View Post
                I am glad that some GA photos get a SC. I fully stand behind the screeners who gave this a SC.
                Agreed, I loved the photo, thought it was really cool to see the Piper in-amongst the flowers with the lake and surrounding fauna in the background. The comments on there were pretty unfair IMO and fully stand beside the photographer and whoever made the call for it to be a SC!

Comment

Also gives a lot of Spring vibes! It really is awesome and I thank the screeners that "badged" it so that I was able to enjoy it. Good work to the photographer as well

Comment

Not really related to this discussion... anyway: In my opinion, you screeners should stop picking two SCs at once. Let each SC shine a bit. By picking 2 or 3 in a row, the latter ones will be overshadowed by the most recent one. By "overshadowed", I mean: less views, less comment, less appreciation. I know this might sound silly but may mean a lot to the photographers who surely enjoy the recognition. Hope you get my point
                    My pictures: https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/46959

Comment

Leo, So that means that if a Screener's choice just got selected, Photographers who have their pics screened after should be denied of the chance to get a SC, seriously ? Not sure it's a good idea at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo 747 View Post
                        Not really related to this discussion... anyway: In my opinion, you screeners should stop picking two SCs at once. Let each SC shine a bit. By picking 2 or 3 in a row, the latter ones will be overshadowed by the most recent one. By "overshadowed", I mean: less views, less comment, less appreciation. I know this might sound silly but may mean a lot to the photographers who surely enjoy the recognition. Hope you get my point
                        The SC is the appreciation. We will never change our process to influence the views or likes on the photos.

Comment

Two (or more) SC in one day is just pure coincidence. We currently have around 30 screeners from all around the world. We screen on different times, so there is no possibility to consult/check/discuss any SC within the group (which was never the case anyway), it's just solely on one screener to give SC to the photo. So if you see 2 or more SC in one day - just enjoy them and express your support in comments

Comment

Hm. Good that somebody started this topic. Otherwise I would have done that now.

I think, this topic can also be used for jetphotos with the 'Screener's Choice' badge, if you agree with the screener and you think that really is a brilliant jetphoto.

This is the following case. A Cessna Skylane inflight, but what can you see on the ground. Not my home airport, not Germany. I was sure about that within less than half a minute.
                            My next idea was, Central Park, NYC. But after the next minute I thought, bad idea, you don't have very high mountains next to the Central Park.

So, I'd say, the SC badge is for jetphotos, where even the jetphotos seniors can learn something. For example, the name of that beautiful park?

Here is the jetphoto.
                            Denver looks beautiful this time of the year. N735CF. Cessna 182Q Skylane. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Very brilliant! And definitely not NYC. Pilots always have one problem. You can't see the name of that park from above. So. ?
                            The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
                            The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
                            And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
                            This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post

Here is the jetphoto.
                              Denver looks beautiful this time of the year. N735CF. Cessna 182Q Skylane. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Very brilliant! And definitely not NYC. Pilots always have one problem. You can't see the name of that park from above. So. ?
                              A nice picture of the city of Denver, Colorado. How do I know that ? Because it says so in the photographers comments !
                              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Working...
                              X