• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo get soft after accepted

My photo got soft after it was accepted

Soft photo: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10143195

Original: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Fes...ew?usp=sharing

Download the image and open it in your browser and compare, the uploaded one is soft, the original is okay. Can someone helpe me with this?

They are the same photo

I can't access your original to check, but just a question... did you click on your accepted photo to open up the full size image?

Comment

Yes! And if you do the same and compare the jp one to my originak photo the original will be very sharp while the jetphotos one will be soft, I don't want my photo removed.

but it’s just a warning to you about the photo losing quality a little bit, it could be an error on the website to be checked and corrected by the staff, I have a friend with a photo in the queue and the same thing happened, the original looks great, and when it loads the file is a little lower, thank you in advance.

Is there a problem with the google drive link? Should i send in a different way?

I accepted your request to view the photo, should be ok now

Comment

If it's already been accepted into the database then it's 99.9% unlikely to be removed. I wouldn't worry about that. It doesn't look soft to me.

And yes there is an issue with your Google drive. It just comes up that I need access. Better to just attach the image directly here to the post.
        Last edited by B7772ADL; 2021-05-02, 17:07.

Comment

I'm afraid the forum will compress the image and make it soft just like jp, here, try this link: https://i.imgur.com/I8u1bxy.jpg

Make sure you are seeing the full size image, and look to the ''Cmte Sergio'' right in the center of the fuselage, it will show the softness better when you compare to the jp one.

Comment

Looks fine to me, no need to worry about the softness! Some monitors and resolutions show it differently once uploaded to Jetphotos. I have this problem on my MacBook screen as the resolution is much higher than 1600x.
            View me on JetPhotos

Comment

I do see what you mean now but as it's accepted already don't worry.

However, I did have a brief chat with other crew members and we might have a reason. It looks like you use "ProPhoto RGB" as your color space in your editing software. We would encourage you to try using sRGB instead (which is prefered for JP). This might solve the issue.
              Last edited by B7772ADL; 2021-05-03, 09:39.

Comment

Thank you very much for your help, I believe it will solve my problem

Comment

Originally posted by meeshboi View Post
                  Looks fine to me, no need to worry about the softness! Some monitors and resolutions show it differently once uploaded to Jetphotos. I have this problem on my MacBook screen as the resolution is much higher than 1600x.
                  That's actually interesting because i'm having the same issue, every photo i upload to the queue loses quality, just like levangelista95's one. Your input, however, raised me a question, there's different screeners with different monitors, if the one that screens my photo is using a monitor that has a higher resolution than 1600px, my photo will look soft in their screen, right? I assume this loss of quality would be enough to cause a rejection.

PS: I edit in sRGB, so the color space most likely is not an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by trenchjp View Post

That's actually interesting because i'm having the same issue, every photo i upload to the queue loses quality, just like levangelista95's one. Your input, however, raised me a question, there's different screeners with different monitors, if the one that screens my photo is using a monitor that has a higher resolution than 1600px, my photo will look soft in their screen, right? I assume this loss of quality would be enough to cause a rejection.

PS: I edit in sRGB, so the color space most likely is not an issue.
                    We do use different screens, which is why we have a voting process in place if a screener isn't sure but it's not a perfect science and we acknowledge that. Some of the things we are seeing is that a lot of people are editing on Apple Retina displays which have a tendency to make things look sharper and more vivid than they really are when displayed on non retina displays. I screen on a 27" LG Colourprime 2.5K monitor which is pretty old now but it's the LED panel that Apple used in the 27" iMac before they went 4/5K and is well regarded as a display panel for photo editing. Also when we screen your photo, they open up in a separate box at the native resolution that they're uploaded at. They don't get upscaled or anything to fill the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL View Post

We do use different screens, which is why we have a voting process in place if a screener isn't sure but it's not a perfect science and we acknowledge that. Some of the things we are seeing is that a lot of people are editing on Apple Retina displays which have a tendency to make things look sharper and more vivid than they really are when displayed on non retina displays. I screen on a 27" LG Colourprime 2.5K monitor which is pretty old now but it's the LED panel that Apple used in the 27" iMac before they went 4/5K and is well regarded as a display panel for photo editing. Also when we screen your photo, they open up in a separate box at the native resolution that they're uploaded at. They don't get upscaled or anything to fill the screen.
                      Thanks for the info. I use a Samsung 32" TV screen as a monitor and everything was going fine until about a week ago when all of my queued photos and already accepted photos suffered a lost of quality, i've been trying to figure out what is going in for a while now...

Original: https://i.imgur.com/ARiwEFW.jpg

Jetphotos: https://cdn.jetphotos.com/full/5/35903_1619378138.jpg

If you compare both in full size you will see that the JP one looks really compressed (Use the Brazil map on the tail as reference).

I was wondering if you could help me with this by maybe talking with the other screeners or seeing if there's something wrong with my profile (ID: 248117) Thanks in advance.

Comment

MAYBE there is something related to the files after they get accepted. A friend of mine noticed this on airliners.net some time ago. In the queue the file was exactly the same as on PC, after it was accepted, some of them, not all, were converted from JPG to WEBP, probably to save bandwidth (from the server and for the viewer), but this format kill the quality and it's insane to have something like this on a photography site. But from the links you guys posted, they show JPG files, even after downloading it, so maybe is a compression issue?

Comment

Originally posted by lgabardo View Post
                          MAYBE there is something related to the files after they get accepted. A friend of mine noticed this on airliners.net some time ago. In the queue the file was exactly the same as on PC, after it was accepted, some of them, not all, were converted from JPG to WEBP, probably to save bandwidth (from the server and for the viewer), but this format kill the quality and it's insane to have something like this on a photography site. But from the links you guys posted, they show JPG files, even after downloading it, so maybe is a compression issue?
                          I think it's solved, I tried to download it again and the file came as WebP despite the "jpg" on the link. As I said, it looks like the server convert it to WebP as the photo became more requested, to preserve bandwidth. And this is a huge thing for photography websites, as que quality matter the most. https://cdn.jetphotos.com/full/5/35903_1619378138.jpg

The 2 photos posted by trenchjp one over the other with "difference" blending mode selected in photoshop. Look at the huge differences mainly at the edges (sharpen).

Comment

I think it's solved, I tried to download it again and the file came as WebP despite the "jpg" on the link. As I said, it looks like the server convert it to WebP as the photo became more requested, to preserve bandwidth. And this is a huge thing for photography websites, as que quality matter the most. https://cdn.jetphotos.com/full/5/35903_1619378138.jpg

The 2 photos posted by trenchjp one over the other with "difference" blending mode selected in photoshop. Look at the huge differences mainly at the edges (sharpen).

That's huge! Thank you so much for this, but since its a problem with the site, there's nothing much i can do, right?

Comment

A lot also depends on the browser that you are using. I use Firefox, Chrome, Edge and Internet Explorer because of work things and I have notice when downloading some of my images, Chrome/Firefox/Edge 70% of the time will attempt to download WebP, the rest of the time JPG - Internet Explorer 100% of the time uses JPG

Comment

Working...
                              X