Rejection/Editing questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejection/Editing questions

Just a question to screeners regarding a recent rejection to clarify what the issue is - second time I've uploaded this shot and first time rejection was partly due to bad genre (should be military). Went back and changed this however now it's been rejected for bad categories. Not exactly sure if this A350 counts as a "business jet" as its not listed as an A350ACJ in the database. Also I'm guessing second reason for rejection is too much contrast? Any help is appreciated.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Hi,
    Yes biz jet is needed as it is its primary mission.
    The contrast issue is mainly due to the pic being overall a bit dark (due to the weather), but it's really borderline and not so bad.

Hope it helps
    Alex

Comment

Ok, that clears up some confusion. Nice to hear that the contrast issue is not a massive one. Interesting that it does count as a Bizjet as I have uploaded a photo of a Global 6000 flying for the same operator, yet it was rejected when I marked it as a business jet. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Just a reminder, picture are NEVER rejected for category only.

Comment

​Hi screeners

Just wondering if this off center photo would be acceptable as I know that the photo guidelines specify exceptions can be made for creative purposes. Main purposes in this shot would be to include the fire fighting equipment and the tower in the background. If any thing else is wrong in terms of editing would be very helpful if your could let me know. Thank you very much for your input.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B-LVG Test.jpg
Views:	660
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	1108440

Comment

Originally posted by kspotter View Post
            Hi screeners

Just wondering if this off center photo would be acceptable as I know that the photo guidelines specify exceptions can be made for creative purposes. Main purposes in this shot would be to include the fire fighting equipment and the tower in the background. If any thing else is wrong in terms of editing would be very helpful if your could let me know. Thank you very much for your input.
            Crop is ok; quality - not so much.

Comment

Ok, thank you for the feedback

Comment

Hi JP Team

I hope this is the right place to post this, just want to shed some light on a recent rejection as I can't seem to see anything to indicate an unlevel horizon. Photo link is https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9104588

I've used the horizon tool to check and the terminal and lampposts right of the vertical stabiliser are parallel to the lines generated by the tool. The grey metal posts in the foreground are as well. Could it be that the steep angle of the rotation is causing confusion? If anyone could help explain the rejection or have another look it would be really appreciated.

Thank you and have a good weekend.

Comment

Hi JP Team

I hope this is the right place to post this, just want to shed some light on a recent rejection as I can't seem to see anything to indicate an unlevel horizon. Photo link is https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9104588

I've used the horizon tool to check and the terminal and lampposts right of the vertical stabiliser are parallel to the lines generated by the tool. The grey metal posts in the foreground are as well. Could it be that the steep angle of the rotation is causing confusion? If anyone could help explain the rejection or have another look it would be really appreciated.

Thank you and have a good weekend.
                  Image has already been appealed. As such, there will be no further comments from crew. In the future please post questions about rejections BEFORE appealing, and in the correct forum.

Comment

Hi screeners,

Just trying to understand a recent photo rejected recently several times with various attempts at trying to fix it. It was initially rejected due to a red hue, which I later figured out was due to light reflecting the red carpet beneath the aircraft resulting in a red tone on the walls and ceiling in the shot. (Note how it does not affect the aircraft itself). I took various photos at different times of day and all had this red hue thus it could not have been the camera settings or the white balance which were all normal.

After correcting the red hue on the most recent upload the photo was rejected again for bad colour. Is there any way to re-edit it so that it would be acceptable? A bit confused at the moment.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

most recent upload:
                    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Initial red hue:

Comment

Hi screeners,

Just trying to understand a recent photo rejected recently several times with various attempts at trying to fix it. It was initially rejected due to a red hue, which I later figured out was due to light reflecting the red carpet beneath the aircraft resulting in a red tone on the walls and ceiling in the shot. (Note how it does not affect the aircraft itself). I took various photos at different times of day and all had this red hue thus it could not have been the camera settings or the white balance which were all normal.

After correcting the red hue on the most recent upload the photo was rejected again for bad colour. Is there any way to re-edit it so that it would be acceptable? A bit confused at the moment.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

most recent upload:

Initial red hue:

Hi, please read here when you get the chance, especially #4:

The white balance in the rejected image(s) looks a little warm. If you have the raw file to work with, should be an easy fix.

Comment

Ah ok, will do this in future and add future posts to this thread.

Great, thanks for the tip! I will try this.

Comment

Working...
                        X