Camera Settings for a Canon Rebel T6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera Settings for a Canon Rebel T6

What are the best settings to photograph aircraft on for the Canon Rebel T6? I currently use F5.0 to F5.6 with 100 ISO. Is it also worth getting lightroom for $10 per month if I were to go spot 1-2 times a month at a bigger airport like Detroit Metro?

What lens do you use? This info is important as the settings might differ depending on your lens type, weather and lighting conditions. And yes, Lightroom is well worth the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawelaviation View Post
      What lens do you use? This info is important as the settings might differ depending on your lens type, weather and lighting conditions. And yes, Lightroom is well worth the price.
      I have a 18-55mm lens and a 75-300mm lens.

Comment

On a sunny day I'd be looking to use f8. The Canon 75-300 lenses typically produce their sharpest images around f8 so shooting at f5 you risk getting softer images than strictly necessary.

Comment

Sounds like you're using the same lens I was using. I found that it was pretty soft at full extension but with the correct exposure, it was fairly usable. Personally I prefer using Av mode in F8 and shooting in RAW. Any exposure issues I can usually correct in LR.

And yes, LR is well worth the price.

Comment

Working...
          X