No announcement yet.

Watermark or photo to be easily stolen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watermark or photo to be easily stolen?

Hello!

Since I have got two rejections and can't appeal the second one as I have only one appeal in 24 hours, I felt the need to have some explanation here.

I have got "Intrusive watermark" rejection (skipping the "bad info" reason on new type in database).

What I don't understand:
    1. There's plenty of photos in JP database with intrusive watermarks. Really intrusive.
    2. My photo of Su-75 is (probabaly) could had been the only photo of the type (for now) in database. There are none yet.
    3. Su-75 is the latest and hottest topics in entire military aviation world.
    4. Photos are being stolen from JP. Faint Watermarks are being deleted or "skipped". That's a thing everybody understands here.
    5. Watermark is a special tool that can in some way defend the image from being stolen and used without any permission.
    6. Watermark tool is provided by the JP website itself.

So. Care anyone here explain why I can't "defend" my photo with the JP given tool "watermark". Do screeners really think that it's them to conduct policy on how I should defend my image and dictate it?
    I didn't hear any story of JP team helping anyone legally to fight off the image and charge a "fine" from the thief.

So what's the point of this rejection then?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Снимок экрана 2021-07-23 в 19.25.17.png
Views:	335
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	1119852
    Attached Files

I think its because your watermark doesn't leave much of the aircraft visible.
    It also looks more like a rendering than an actual photo.
    You also need to understand that watermarks are virtually useless.
    Post a low res picture, a good one, but nothing that can be enlarged past the size the site uses.

Comment

Apart from that, the stronger the watermark is, the easier it is too remove.

Comment

Working...
      X