Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotting in Moscow?

Hello everyone!

I’m currently in Moscow and am quite unsure which airport(s) to visit etc. I am mostly interested in the Russian military / police / flight service etc. Ilyushin, Antonov and Tupolevs. Most interested of the Russian Government IL96. I was thinking of VKO, ZIA, CKL but due to lack of time would only be able to visit two of them I guess.
    Maybe there is some local spotter that could share some information with me or would even be happy to join me somewhere?
    Which day and time is the best? How many planes on average can you get at either of these?

Many thanks in advance and any information is highly appreciated!

Henrik

Originally posted by FRA/ARNspotter View Post
    Hello everyone!

I’m currently in Moscow and am quite unsure which airport(s) to visit etc. I am mostly interested in the Russian military / police / flight service etc. Ilyushin, Antonov and Tupolevs. Most interested of the Russian Government IL96. I was thinking of VKO, ZIA, CKL but due to lack of time would only be able to visit two of them I guess.
    Maybe there is some local spotter that could share some information with me or would even be happy to join me somewhere?
    Which day and time is the best? How many planes on average can you get at either of these?

Many thanks in advance and any information is highly appreciated!

Henrik
    To begin with, one important thing: it is dangerous to have any interest in anything military/government related in Russia nowadays. Putin went crazy with seeking spies everywhere around him, people get prison sentences for "espionage", "conspiracy" and "treason". So I would recommend staying away from CKL unless you have government authorization. Again, spotters were arrested, with no prison sentence luckily.

VKO is for government flights on IL-96-PU and other soviets but the timetable is unknown and they change runways sometimes. Try not to be seen by airport security anyway.

ZIA is cool if they test something (for example Irkut MC-21 or Il-114), but again no flights timetable.

Comment

Working...
    X