Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What consider as backlit?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What consider as backlit?

    What does Jetphotos consider as backlit and toplit, like does the whole plane need to be in sun or can it be like this? Would this photo be consider as backlit?
    Because there is a bit of shadows but most of the plane is in the sun
    Click image for larger version  Name:	AIR DOLOMITI TEST 4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.08 MB ID:	1121701

  • #2
    That is ok. Normally it's only a problem if most of the plane is in the shadow or if the vertical stabilizer is casting a shadow.
    [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

    Felipe Garcia

    Comment


    • #3
      With harsh summer lighting, when the top of the fuselage is lit, the bottom is darker you're more likely to receive a contrast rejection than backlit. The first indicator we look at in this situation is the tail. If the tail is in shadow then that will most likely get you a backlit rejection. In your case the tail is well lit and whilst the underside is darker than the top it's pretty allowable for what we would see in harsh summer lighting so I would accept your lighting on that basis.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by B7772ADL View Post
        With harsh summer lighting, when the top of the fuselage is lit, the bottom is darker you're more likely to receive a contrast rejection than backlit. The first indicator we look at in this situation is the tail. If the tail is in shadow then that will most likely get you a backlit rejection. In your case the tail is well lit and whilst the underside is darker than the top it's pretty allowable for what we would see in harsh summer lighting so I would accept your lighting on that basis.
        Okay thank you for the information! Now i got a clue. But due to contrast rejection, is it something that can be fixed in lightroom or is it impossible to fix becuase of the weather and light?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by B7772ADL View Post
          With harsh summer lighting, when the top of the fuselage is lit, the bottom is darker you're more likely to receive a contrast rejection than backlit. The first indicator we look at in this situation is the tail. If the tail is in shadow then that will most likely get you a backlit rejection. In your case the tail is well lit and whilst the underside is darker than the top it's pretty allowable for what we would see in harsh summer lighting so I would accept your lighting on that basis.

          Hey i added a bit more contrast to the picture. What do you think? The problem i see now, the picture got a bit darker. Im pretty new to this so i would appreciate all advice

          Click image for larger version

Name:	DOLOMITI.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	1121765 Im pretty new to this so i would appreciate all advice

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Victor_Dario View Post


            Hey i added a bit more contrast to the picture. What do you think? The problem i see now, the picture got a bit darker. Im pretty new to this so i would appreciate all advice

            Click image for larger version

Name:	DOLOMITI.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	1121765 Im pretty new to this so i would appreciate all advice
            For a summer lit photo I think this is quite acceptable from my perspective.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by B7772ADL View Post

              For a summer lit photo I think this is quite acceptable from my perspective.
              Okay thanks! I appreciate it. Sorry if I ask here, but I haven’t got answered in like 3 days in my pre screening topic. Do you why it take so long time?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Victor_Dario View Post

                Okay thanks! I appreciate it. Sorry if I ask here, but I haven’t got answered in like 3 days in my pre screening topic. Do you why it take so long time?
                Just be patient, maybe they missed your topic or busy. Its the only reason

                Comment

                Working...
                X