Canon 90D?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canon 90D?

Hey I’m planing to buy a new camera and I’m really interested in the 90D.
    Is it something that can be recommended and is the quality good? Contrast etc? If you have som pictures with it pls post it
    thanks

I created a thread here regarding the 90D and 100-400mm i USM. It will depend on what lens you have to be honest, im still about 40% unhappy with the outcome but if that is because my lenses are not good enough to keep up with the 90D's pixels then so be it, something to look forward toin the future. I still have my 80D https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...100-400mm-mk-1

Comment

Strongly recommend going for a 6D II instead. Much better camera all round.

Comment

Originally posted by Victor_Dario View Post
        Hey I’m planing to buy a new camera and I’m really interested in the 90D.
        Is it something that can be recommended and is the quality good? Contrast etc? If you have som pictures with it pls post it
        thanks
        Contrast is ok, but I love the quality. Its 34-megapixel sensor definitely makes the photo stand out in my opinion and can provide flexibility for photo cropping. I love the camera and I take it everywhere. here's a photo that I have taken with it:

Best,
        Marty
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Marty B View Post

Contrast is ok, but I love the quality. Its 34-megapixel sensor definitely makes the photo stand out in my opinion and can provide flexibility for photo cropping. I love the camera and I take it everywhere. here's a photo that I have taken with it:

Best,
          Marty
          Thanks for the reply and the picture! I’m a bit curious about the 90D cause I’ve heard many had problem with softness with different lenses with it. And I want as sharp as possible

Comment

Originally posted by JamesDC152 View Post
            I created a thread here regarding the 90D and 100-400mm i USM. It will depend on what lens you have to be honest, im still about 40% unhappy with the outcome but if that is because my lenses are not good enough to keep up with the 90D's pixels then so be it, something to look forward toin the future. I still have my 80D https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...100-400mm-mk-1
            Hey! Thanks for the reply! Yes I saw your thread before, and that actually makes me a bit curious, cause I want as sharp as possible. I really don’t want to spend to much on a lens just because the 90D has some problem with lenses, maybe I should go for another option?
            My second option is the 7D Mark II.

Comment

Originally posted by NZDN_spotting View Post
              Strongly recommend going for a 6D II instead. Much better camera all round.
              Thanks! I’ll have a look at it. Do you have any example picture of it?

Comment

Let me give my 2 Cents.

a) If you want sharper pictures than I'd rather recommend of upgrading the lense you are using. Just changing the body wont change a lot, if the lense isn't up to par

b) The EOS 90D is a fine cam, that will work well with any current lense. The problem described here is with the 100-400MKI. Let's be clear this is a rather old lense, that generally has issues with softness, no matter the cam. Of course the more megpixels you have the problems will likely increase. But that's the problem of the lense, not particularly the 90D.

c) any resized picture will NOT give you any idea. You'd need to see full (or at least larger) size images for that. At 1.280px resized and edited pic, there is no way you will see any difference between a Canon 1300D and a 1D / 5d, at least with a proper edit. It is at large sizes when you will see a difference.
                So yeah those shots are nice, but wont help you.

Comment

Originally posted by JK Photography View Post
                  Let me give my 2 Cents.

a) If you want sharper pictures than I'd rather recommend of upgrading the lense you are using. Just changing the body wont change a lot, if the lense isn't up to par

b) The EOS 90D is a fine cam, that will work well with any current lense. The problem described here is with the 100-400MKI. Let's be clear this is a rather old lense, that generally has issues with softness, no matter the cam. Of course the more megpixels you have the problems will likely increase. But that's the problem of the lense, not particularly the 90D.

c) any resized picture will NOT give you any idea. You'd need to see full (or at least larger) size images for that. At 1.280px resized and edited pic, there is no way you will see any difference between a Canon 1300D and a 1D / 5d, at least with a proper edit. It is at large sizes when you will see a difference.
                  So yeah those shots are nice, but wont help you.
                  okay thanks! But I’m going to change the body as well. Cause I have a old 1100D.
                  But would you still recommend to only buy the lense or both?

Comment

buying a new lens depends on how satisfied you are with the pictures you are shooting, and with the 90d having 32 megapixels you might not get the greatest/sharpest images with an older lens(like JK stated), so as long as you have a lens that is up to par you should be fine.

Comment

The 80D definitely had issues, and they extended to more than just the original 100-400. I used a 24-105 f/4 II with mine and the results varied wildly. Obviously some sort of focus co-operation issue between lens and camera but I found that using one-shot AF improved the situation. My 70-200 f/4 II fared little better, although results were more consistent (again, one-shot made a difference).

High resolution cameras are expected to produce softer images overall as pixel density effectively makes each pixel softer; however the image should generally be more detailed as the density issue is offset by the increased megapixel count. I currently use an EOS RP, at 2mp more than the 80D, and every lens I use with it is tack-sharp, so definitely not an issue born exclusively of a high-res sensor.

I've never owned a 90D but I've heard similar stories about focus reliability. I'd either go for a full-frame model or go mirrorless.

Comment

Originally posted by JakTrax View Post
                        The 80D definitely had issues, and they extended to more than just the original 100-400. I used a 24-105 f/4 II with mine and the results varied wildly. Obviously some sort of focus co-operation issue between lens and camera but I found that using one-shot AF improved the situation. My 70-200 f/4 II fared little better, although results were more consistent (again, one-shot made a difference).

High resolution cameras are expected to produce softer images overall as pixel density effectively makes each pixel softer; however the image should generally be more detailed as the density issue is offset by the increased megapixel count. I currently use an EOS RP, at 2mp more than the 80D, and every lens I use with it is tack-sharp, so definitely not an issue born exclusively of a high-res sensor.

I've never owned a 90D but I've heard similar stories about focus reliability. I'd either go for a full-frame model or go mirrorless.
                        I used a RP for a month, and found sharpness on it was exemplary.

Comment

Originally posted by Victor_Dario View Post

Thanks! I’ll have a look at it. Do you have any example picture of it?
                          JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Any of my recent uploads are 6D II.

Comment

Originally posted by NZDN_spotting View Post
                            I used a RP for a month, and found sharpness on it was exemplary.
                            It's a great cameras and very underrated. RF glass is superb, helped along by the reduced flange distance of mirrorless (which makes EF lenses appear sharper on the R bodies). Never been happier with any camera and it very quickly became my primary setup. Pricey system, though!

Comment

Working...
                            X