Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appeals abuse

Hi,
    Some people seem to believe that almost every single rejection should be appealed. When we see a clear abuse we send a warning.
    Unfortunately some people decide to ignore that warning and keep making unnecessary appeals one after the other, leaving us no other choice than to issue slot limitation for a few month period.

Please keep in mind that appeals are extremely time consuming and we have lately seen a huge increase of totally unnecessary appeals. So keep that function for the rare occasions where you sincerely believe the screeners were wrong. Also keep in mind that only about 5-10% of appeals are accepted so...
    Also remember that less appeals means more time for us to screen...

Thank you

Alex

Totally agree, lesser appeal, speeds up the screening line, I appreciate screeners speeding up in screening last time it reach 23K, now its around 16K, marvelous job
    There is of course more new photographers, but it is not the thing, learn from rejected ones don't be stubborn.

Comment

It's time to bring up that subject again....

There's a HUGE increase of appeals lately and for the most part, they are totally unjustified. And unfortunately we had to issue quite a few slot reduction after several warnings which got ignored.

Just a few examples out of the blue...

- Contrast rejections where people ask if it's too much or too little.... https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...-or-too-little

- Contrast rejections where the uploader didn't even check the histogram before appealing

- Overexposed rejection appeals without checking the histogram before appealing

- Appeals made before reading the very informative infos left by the screeners. Those ones are really a pain because it makes you wonder why we make an effort to explain stuff if our messages get ignored

- People asking for a re screening, without reasons.

- Rude appeals, done in anger....

So yeah, let's try to make it better to everyone, by appealing LESS you make the whole screening FASTER as the huge energy the most experimented screeners of the site (the seniors) spend on screening appeals is used on the normal queue. Just to give you an idea., screening an appeal is about 5-10 longer than screening a normal photo....

Thank you !

Alex

Comment

In my opinion,Point out this problem in the forum may not get good results.Obviously many uploaders don’t go to the forum.
        I think some kind of punishment mechanism can be adopted,For example, if the appeal is rejected, the appeal cannot be submitted again within 24 or 48 hours.Appeals passed will not be affected.

Comment

Originally posted by YsMilan View Post
          In my opinion,Point out this problem in the forum may not get good results.Obviously many uploaders don’t go to the forum.
          I think some kind of punishment mechanism can be adopted,For example, if the appeal is rejected, the appeal cannot be submitted again within 24 or 48 hours.Appeals passed will not be affected.
          This system already exists. If you lose an appeal, you cannot appeal again for 24 hours. You can guess, there are certain people from whom we get an appeal every 24 hours regardless, which is why Alex made this post.

Comment

Originally posted by YsMilan View Post
            You said the point I wanted to comment: I believe many photographers doesn't read the forum.

I would like to suggest to send this kind of warning via email to all photographers, perhaps it will be more effective!

Comment

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
              It's time to bring up that subject again....

There's a HUGE increase of appeals lately and for the most part, they are totally unjustified. And unfortunately we had to issue quite a few slot reduction after several warnings which got ignored.

Just a few examples out of the blue...

- Contrast rejections where people ask if it's too much or too little.... https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...-or-too-little

- Contrast rejections where the uploader didn't even check the histogram before appealing

- Overexposed rejection appeals without checking the histogram before appealing

- Appeals made before reading the very informative infos left by the screeners. Those ones are really a pain because it makes you wonder why we make an effort to explain stuff if our messages get ignored

- People asking for a re screening, without reasons.

- Rude appeals, done in anger....

So yeah, let's try to make it better to everyone, by appealing LESS you make the whole screening FASTER as the huge energy the most experimented screeners of the site (the seniors) spend on screening appeals is used on the normal queue. Just to give you an idea., screening an appeal is about 5-10 longer than screening a normal photo....

Thank you !

Alex

i was guilty of appealing alot ive learnt to slow down look at photos rejection messages and iem sorry for the past i understand better now sorry

Comment

Working...
              X