Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations for sigma 60-600mm with Nikon

Hi everyone:

I just bought the sigma 60-600mm for Nikon to do my job at sports but I want to know your experience with the lense for plane spotting, any recommendations to custom the lense for air shows or single plane spotting sessions? Please let me know your experience with the lense.

Best regards.

While I do not have the 60-600mm, I do use the Sigma 50-500mm on a Nikon D3 and I'm guessing that they are pretty close. Overall, it is an extremely versatile lens - I prefer to shoot in the 50-400mm range as I find sometime in the 450-500mm range, it tends to get a lot more soft and vignetted, but I'm sure you will be very happy with using it!

Comment

Originally posted by CityHopper View Post
      Hi everyone:

I just bought the sigma 60-600mm for Nikon to do my job at sports but I want to know your experience with the lense for plane spotting, any recommendations to custom the lense for air shows or single plane spotting sessions? Please let me know your experience with the lense.

Best regards.
      I do not have the 60-600 but I have 150-600 which seems close enough. I also rarely shoot over 400mm because about 60% of the time photos come out very soft. anywhere between 150-400 is extremely sharp for me.

Comment

Working...
      X