• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I spot halos?

Click image for larger version

Name:	37BD5A95-D8A8-4CD5-9557-70A98B4AFD8A.jpeg
Views:	259
Size:	407.7 KB
ID:	1123928 Hey! I’m pretty new to JP and I have uploaded 7 pictures jet.
    I have very hard to spot halos. For example these picture.
    first a pre screener told me, contrast. I fixed that by slide up the contrast slider, and the contrast was ok, but then he mentioned halos after I fixed the contrast.
    Can anyone like mark the halos because I don’t see any difference on these 2 pictures

Name:	D1B35ADE-22B1-4855-83A8-EDADF18677D6.jpeg
Views:	266
Size:	401.4 KB
ID:	1123927

I'm not a screener nor am I experienced but I think I can spot some halos on the edge of the vertical stabilizer and on the wingtip device.

I stopped getting halos after I stopped using the shadow and highlight sliders in Lightroom. You should also disable D-Lighting or Auto Lighting Optimizer or the equivalent setting in your camera.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Näyttökuva 2021-09-21 130502.png Views:	0 Size:	84.4 KB ID:	1123931Click image for larger version  Name:	Näyttökuva 2021-09-21 130815.png Views:	0 Size:	104.2 KB ID:	1123932

Comment

Originally posted by AaroS View Post
      I'm not a screener nor am I experienced but I think I can spot some halos on the edge of the vertical stabilizer and on the wingtip device.

I stopped getting halos after I stopped using the shadow and highlight sliders in Lightroom. You should also disable D-Lighting or Auto Lighting Optimizer or the equivalent setting in your camera.

Name:	Nyttkuva 2021-09-21 130502.png
Views:	224
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	1123931Click image for larger version

Name:	Nyttkuva 2021-09-21 130815.png
Views:	215
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	1123932
      Thanks bro for the information, I really appreciate it! How did you get that kind of halo picture thing? Now I can easily see the halos but how did you do that?
      yea I will have a look on the camera setting, but I think it was my editing that caused it

Comment

Originally posted by Victor_Dario View Post

Thanks bro for the information, I really appreciate it! How did you get that kind of halo picture thing? Now I can easily see the halos but how did you do that?
        yea I will have a look on the camera setting, but I think it was my editing that caused it
        You can spot them really easily with the equalize function in Photoshop or the check for dust feature in the JP queue if you don't have PS.

Comment

Originally posted by AaroS View Post

You can spot them really easily with the equalize function in Photoshop or the check for dust feature in the JP queue if you don't have PS.
          Thanks man, didn’t know we had that function in PS. You really saved my life, I couldn’t even find the halos before.
          thanks again

Comment

Working...
          X