Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's a good acceptance ratio to shoot for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a good acceptance ratio to shoot for?

Hello,

I have a question for some veteran members of this site. I've been submitting for a few months now, and I'm now up to 20 accepted pictures with a 50% accept ratio.
    I was wondering if there are any veteran members or screeners that would care to make a bracketed list of what certain ratios mean to them.

For instance:
    XX% - YY% means xyz
    YY% - ZZ% means abc
    etc.

I want to be able to gauge if or not my performance is par for the course, or whether I should look into taking steps to revise my photo-taking strategies.

Thanks!

don't focus on the acceptance ratio

Comment

Originally posted by JMarcinuk View Post
      Hello,

I have a question for some veteran members of this site. I've been submitting for a few months now, and I'm now up to 20 accepted pictures with a 50% accept ratio.
      I was wondering if there are any veteran members or screeners that would care to make a bracketed list of what certain ratios mean to them.

For instance:
      XX% - YY% means xyz
      YY% - ZZ% means abc
      etc.

I want to be able to gauge if or not my performance is par for the course, or whether I should look into taking steps to revise my photo-taking strategies.

Thanks!
      I only have 30%, I dont mind it at least I can upload images

Comment

Originally posted by JMarcinuk View Post
        Hello,

For instance:
        XX% - YY% means xyz
        YY% - ZZ% means abc
        etc.

Thanks!
        I think the ratio just works when you applying for 1920 pixels photos, don't worry too much about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Calvin L View Post

I only have 30%, I dont mind it at least I can upload images
          I am disappointed to read this. Our screening team spends a lot of free time on photo screening and of course we prefer to screen high quality photos (which is obviously the best for our overall motivation). It’s a pity that you don’t care about your acceptance ratio and apparently not about photo quality...

What makes that you are not interested in it and what should we do to get you motivated to upload higher quality photos?

Comment

Originally posted by Sandra View Post

I am disappointed to read this. Our screening team spends a lot of free time on photo screening and of course we prefer to screen high quality photos (which is obviously the best for our overall motivation). It’s a pity that you don’t care about your acceptance ratio and apparently not about photo quality...

What makes that you are not interested in it and what should we do to get you motivated to upload higher quality photos?
            Im really sorry to know this, I am new that time and I encounter dozens halos rejection. Now I'm uploading quality photos, so far only 1 rejection (bad lighting) with the new settings applied, today I had 8 accepted no rejections. Will sure do my best to always upload qualified images ahead. Thank you for your time volunteering
            ​​I did get tired of looking at the bad processing rejection, then I get remember about this forum and started to change the setting and now I'm all good with high quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Calvin L View Post

Im really sorry to know this, I am new that time and I encounter dozens halos rejection. Now I'm uploading quality photos, so far only 1 rejection (bad lighting) with the new settings applied, today I had 8 accepted no rejections. Will sure do my best to always upload qualified images ahead. Thank you for your time volunteering
              ​​I did get tired of looking at the bad processing rejection, then I get remember about this forum and started to change the setting and now I'm all good with high quality.
              Thanks for your reply. Good to hear!

Comment

Originally posted by Sandra View Post

With Calvin offering advice in the pre-screening/rejection advice threads recently I actually thought he was a screener .

Comment

Originally posted by VH-ROB View Post

With Calvin offering advice in the pre-screening/rejection advice threads recently I actually thought he was a screener .
                  Unfortunately I'm not, screener will have "JetPhotos.Net Crew" Mark. I will only advice obvious ones, not quality stuffs.

Comment

Going forwards, the plan is to have a slot based system based on your acceptance ratio, so the higher your acceptance the more upload slots you will have. This is to reward those who upload good quality photos. So if you want more slots maybe it's a good idea to start focusing on your acceptances for when the system changes eventually ( I don't know when this will happen so please don't ask).

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL View Post
                      Going forwards, the plan is to have a slot based system based on your acceptance ratio, so the higher your acceptance the more upload slots you will have. This is to reward those who upload good quality photos. So if you want more slots maybe it's a good idea to start focusing on your acceptances for when the system changes eventually ( I don't know when this will happen so please don't ask).
                      Without asking when this will happen, out of curisity, do you know what is holding up such a change being made? I remember at least a year ago about this being brought in and still nothing, is it a tech change with the website?

Comment

Originally posted by JamesDC152 View Post

Without asking when this will happen, out of curisity, do you know what is holding up such a change being made? I remember at least a year ago about this being brought in and still nothing, is it a tech change with the website?
                        Lack of available resources at FR24.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesDC152 View Post

Would it be possible to recover the discussion? I haven't read it and would like to know how it will work
                          Thanks

Comment

Higher the better. I was incentivized by a rumor that once you reach an overall acceptance ratio 80% with over 1,000 images being accepted you could get 30 queue slots. Though that rumor has been proven to be unreal, I feel like it`s a good sign that I`m getting better everytime I got almost every upload being accepted. Positive feedback!

Comment

I have been uploading photos here since January 2016. I have just under 2,000 images in database , acceptance ratio is around 83.35 %. Just started to try uploads at 1920 x****, after a few years uploading at 1600x****. Yes I get rejections just like everyone else. Does get me down,? No I just go back review the image and rectify the errors, and just carry on as before.

Regards

Sentinel

Comment

Working...
                              X