No announcement yet.

LAX today? Hmmmm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad news Clovis, G-CIVE came in after I left and I was only shooting regular side on shots anyway. That shot is really tempting me to come back to LAX in July

Matt
    My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
      I don't know how the hell you all plan to spot at one location.
      Tell us other locations then.

You seem to know the best spots.

Comment

You seem to know the best spots.
        I know spots where you have to be as noticable as a blade of grass in a field...I.E. Sandpiper St. where I shot the BA744 taking off. No pedestrians are "technically" allowed there. A crowd of 15 up there will get us booted out in minutes. The only possible place where it wouldnt matter would be In-n-out or the hill, but the latter will only be good untill 11am. Between 11am and 3pm in the summer, you don't take photos. The sun is directly overhead.

-Clovis

Comment

Me know about that one, i was refering to this trip
          No, the b*stards in the tower sent NZ to the south complex...same for the SIA 772.

-Clovis

Comment

Just wondering Clovis:

Why arent people allowed on Sandpiper St.? Sounds like a public road.

I take it the cops are pretty anal?

Comment

Clovis,

I'm a sucker for these kind of photographs. Awesome. No two ways about it.
              "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

I take it the cops are pretty anal?
                It's not that the cops are anal, it's the city that is. Sandpiper USED to be a public road before the rocket attacks in Kenya, then they closed both Sandpiper and Northside Parkway to cars. Then they posted signs saying no pedestrians either, although joggers and cyclists still frequently use Sandpiper to access the beach. But yes actually, the cops are very anal...which only makes matters worse. Contrary to popular beleif, LAX is NOT spotter friendly... ...unless you stay in the retarded bird cage called the Imperial Hill, where everyone and their mom has taken airplane photos...

-Clovis

Comment

I Think it may be worth us contacting the airport and trying to organise something out with the airport police before our arrival. They might tell us to feck off but its worth a try.
                  Well if what you want to hear is "Go to the Imperial Hill" then...contact away!

-Clovis

Comment

Working...
                  X