Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any experiances with this camera.Help needed urgntly

Hi everyone on this forum.
    I have just bought a new camera.A Pentax Espio 200.But yesterday I went up to Manchester Airport to take some shots from the viewing park.But when I got my photographs back last night they where all blured.
    The question I would like to know is what is the best mode for taking photos with this camera.
    I would like to know how to get the best results with this camera.Any experiances with this camera could you please tell me.
    Help would be much apreicated.
    Regards
    Michael Doyle [/img]
    MD@MAN

The espio 200 used to be my camera prior to me changing to the Sony F717. I can't say I miss a single thing of the Pentax. For normal use this is no doubt a fine camera, but for plane spotting this camera does not cut it.

The front of the lense is too small, as is often the case with long-zoom compact camera. Not enough light gets in it. This is no problem with small zoom, but when you use the full 200mm zoom this is a problem. Your shots will turn out underlit in all but ideal weather. Action photography is NOT recommendable unless you have had a lot of training with this camera. I started out shooting taxying planes for half a year. The first few rolls where mostly unsharp, out of focus etc. After I could do that I went for final approach shots. Again half a year with bad shots till I got decent shots.

As for the mode used, I just used the standard mode (the first setting). Sometimes the 3rd one (no flash) but I can't quite remember when. I believe the 3rd one is the sport mode but not much of a difference can be seen.

It is recommendable not to use rolls of film with 200iso of less becuase of the light problem this camera has. If the weather is perfect you can go for 100 but no less. If you intend to shoot with little or no zoom (ramp shots, indoor family shots etc) you can also go down on the iso-rating.

Just remember when you find out that you wasted another roll of film, you're shots will turn out fine eventually. This camera is just very sensitive to dark(ish) weather and there is nothing you can do about that.
    Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

Thanks Petertenhije,
      That will help me a bit. just one thing though will the 200mm shots be ok with iso400 speed films.Because I had 2 or 3 alright long range ones yesterday on about 175mm zoom with a 200iso speed.I would like to know if 400iso films will work fine or not.
      Thanks
      Michael
      MD@MAN

Comment

400iso will be more tolerant with darker weather, but the drawback is that it is more grainy
        Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

Working...
        X