• Show
Clear All

• ylu01
    replied
    Alright, thank you all for the explanations

Leave a comment:

• zomeu
    replied
    No empty zones and no peaks on both ends of histogram...

Leave a comment:

• brianw999
    replied
    Originally posted by Wheat View Post
    In short, you want the spikes or spike to be as close to the middle as possible.

Spikes that are far right makes the photo not only overexposed but also a contrast rejection. While spikes that are far left makes the photo underexposed and also a contrast rejection.
    And there should not be any flat baselines at either end of of the graph.

This video explains a lot…. https://youtu.be/htqrTTSZp-M
    Last edited by brianw999; 2022-05-15, 10:27.

Leave a comment:

• Wheat
    replied
    In short, you want the spikes or spike to be as close to the middle as possible.

Spikes that are far right makes the photo not only overexposed but also a contrast rejection. While spikes that are far left makes the photo underexposed and also a contrast rejection.

Leave a comment:

• MarkLawrence
    replied
    Several years ago, there was a topic on here that referenced some good resources for the histogram.

Unfortunately, this first guide by Paul Nichols which is probably 10 years+ old but it taught me everything about histograms is no longer available online - maybe some of the others readers might have more information on that, but the other guides on that topic will definitely help.

Leave a comment:

• ylu01
    started a topic Understand Histograms

Understand Histograms

Hi,

Just wanted to ask, how do you make sense of the Histogram and the RGB Histogram for submissions? What am i supposed to look for? Is there any resources or any recommended videos that explains this?

Also, (Probably will remove soon) refer to the queud photo: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10151324
    In the RGB histogram, what does the big spike starting in the left mean? I'd like to know so I can try to decide for myself what else would be grounds for a rejection.

Thanks
Working...
X