Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot photo rejected without obvious reason.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hot photo rejected without obvious reason.

    Hello everyone.

    Today I uploaded the photo in the first attachment, as hot, but it was rejected as Invalid hot.

    In the following link, there are all photos of 124 registration in JP database, and none of them is of a Hellenic Air Force Mirage F1.
    https://www.jetphotos.com/registration/124

    So, I can't understand why exactly my photo was rejected as invalid hot and additionally received a totally irrelevant comment by the screener, as shown on the 2nd attachment.

    Of course, I appealed the decision but to my surprise, the appeal was also rejected along with a rather strange comment by the admin saying
    "Your appeal for photo id 10171066 has been processed and has been rejected.
    Admin Comments >> As per screener remark... Did you check it before appealing ?"


    The photo shows a plane with the tail number 115 but it is the 124 painted as 115 as this source indicates (and it's quite accurate and many people use it)
    https://www.spottingmode.com/wro/location/18067/

    I really can't understand why first of all the photo got rejected since there isn't any other of a HAF Mirage F1 in this particular registration and also I can't understand neither of the excuses the screener or the admin gave that don't have any meaning to the reason why I uploaded this as hot (and explained in detail in the "comment to screeners" field).

    Thanks for your time.
    Attached Files

  • #2
    Originally posted by Kostas Marmarelis View Post
    Hello everyone.

    So, I can't understand why exactly my photo was rejected as invalid hot and additionally received a totally irrelevant comment by the screener, as shown on the 2nd attachment.
    Totally relevant comment, explains the reason for the Invalid Hot rejection, which was confirmed by the senior screener during appeal.
    [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

    Felipe Garcia

    Comment


    • #3
      The real question is trying to understand WHY it seems so important for you to jump the queue with that photo ?

      What is irrelevant about the fact that there's no reason benefit for us or FR to have priority screening for a photo that won't be displayed on FR anyway.... ?

      Not to mention that calling irrelevant the remark done by the screeners to help you is not only rude but, again, shows that jumping the queue seems REALLY important for you and that should not be the case....

      Like we asked you a few times now, try to learn from your rejection and stop appealing that much. What happened here is exactly what we consider as appeal abuse and those appeals are one of the reason that the queue is that long because dealing with those appeals is extremely time consuming...

      Thank you for giving a bit more respect to the crew by accepting such a logical reject and by appealing less in the futur

      Cheers
      Alex

      Comment


      • #4
        Hello Alex.

        I think my point wasn't understood. No, it's not important at all to have that photo uploaded outside the regular queue. But I explained that uploaded the photo as hot only cause database hasn't got any photo of that particular type and operator with that registration. Doesn't this qualify as hot photo? What does the issue with FR24 has to do with this? Of course I know that preserved aircraft doesn't show up on FR24, but as I said, I uploaded it as hot for the reason I explained earlier.
        Regarding the appeals, most of the times I respect the decisions and only appeal if I find a decision wrong and can explain why I disagree.

        Kind regards, Kostas.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Kostas Marmarelis View Post
          Hello Alex.

          I think my point wasn't understood. No, it's not important at all to have that photo uploaded outside the regular queue. But I explained that uploaded the photo as hot only cause database hasn't got any photo of that particular type and operator with that registration. Doesn't this qualify as hot photo? What does the issue with FR24 has to do with this? Of course I know that preserved aircraft doesn't show up on FR24, but as I said, I uploaded it as hot for the reason I explained earlier.
          Regarding the appeals, most of the times I respect the decisions and only appeal if I find a decision wrong and can explain why I disagree.

          Kind regards, Kostas.
          Did you fill the hot photo text field in or not?
          If the Aircraft is not in the database, it is hot automatically without the need of marking it as hot by the uploader and thus filling this field in such a case have no point.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
            The real question is trying to understand WHY it seems so important for you to jump the queue with that photo ?

            What is irrelevant about the fact that there's no reason benefit for us or FR to have priority screening for a photo that won't be displayed on FR anyway.... ?

            Cheers
            Alex
            Alex, if my understanding is correct, it seems to me, that the exclude from FR24 option should somehow omit the photo having priority screening and with that in mind the rejection makes an absolute sense.
            However I have quickly checked the Guideline and I don't see there a remark, about such rule.
            Could the note be somehow put there in order to avoid such arguments in the future?

            Comment


            • #7
              Even if your photo would qualify as a "Hot photo". At least "Backlit" in your submitted picture can not be fixed and would be rejected anyways - i'm afraid.

              Kind regards.
              Best Regards from Germany,
              Julian S.​

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Kostas Marmarelis View Post
                Hello Alex.

                I think my point wasn't understood. No, it's not important at all to have that photo uploaded outside the regular queue. But I explained that uploaded the photo as hot only cause database hasn't got any photo of that particular type and operator with that registration. Doesn't this qualify as hot photo? What does the issue with FR24 has to do with this? Of course I know that preserved aircraft doesn't show up on FR24, but as I said, I uploaded it as hot for the reason I explained earlier.
                Regarding the appeals, most of the times I respect the decisions and only appeal if I find a decision wrong and can explain why I disagree.

                Kind regards, Kostas.
                Doesn't this qualify as hot photo? No

                What does the issue with FR24 has to do with this? The hot photo guidelines are due to FR24's requirements for up to date photos

                Of course I know that preserved aircraft doesn't show up on FR24, but as I said, I uploaded it as hot for the reason I explained earlier. The screener said not hot and explained why. You appealed and the senior screener agreed with the rejection. You then posted here, saying the remarks were irrelevant, we explained to you why they are not irrelevant, and are still debating this.
                [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

                Felipe Garcia

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by JuklicekCZ View Post

                  Alex, if my understanding is correct, it seems to me, that the exclude from FR24 option should somehow omit the photo having priority screening and with that in mind the rejection makes an absolute sense.
                  However I have quickly checked the Guideline and I don't see there a remark, about such rule.
                  Could the note be somehow put there in order to avoid such arguments in the future?
                  Leaving the Hot Photo field blank also omits priority screening. If the system automatically tags it as hot, we will not reject for that.
                  [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

                  Felipe Garcia

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Felipe Garcia View Post

                    Doesn't this qualify as hot photo? No

                    What does the issue with FR24 has to do with this? The hot photo guidelines are due to FR24's requirements for up to date photos

                    Of course I know that preserved aircraft doesn't show up on FR24, but as I said, I uploaded it as hot for the reason I explained earlier. The screener said not hot and explained why. You appealed and the senior screener agreed with the rejection. You then posted here, saying the remarks were irrelevant, we explained to you why they are not irrelevant, and are still debating this.
                    I have no relationship with this post, but from my vision his point is that: there is not any exist “Dassault Mirage F1CG” with a registration “124” in the Jetphotos database. The tail shows a registration of “115”, and I checked with that registration in Greek Air Force, the paint of that jet had changed totally from yellow with national flag livery to this standard livery. From my understanding to the upload guideline, both case fit the situation of “Hot photo”. I have no idea if he uploaded with the correct registration, aircraft type and location, but if not, a rejection with “bad info” probably makes more sense.

                    Apologize for any offenses. I just want to illustrate the situation in my eyes since I am feeling that you are not talking about a same topic.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Rui View Post

                      I have no relationship with this post, but from my vision his point is that: there is not any exist “Dassault Mirage F1CG” with a registration “124” in the Jetphotos database. The tail shows a registration of “115”, and I checked with that registration in Greek Air Force, the paint of that jet had changed totally from yellow with national flag livery to this standard livery. From my understanding to the upload guideline, both case fit the situation of “Hot photo”. I have no idea if he uploaded with the correct registration, aircraft type and location, but if not, a rejection with “bad info” probably makes more sense.

                      Apologize for any offenses. I just want to illustrate the situation in my eyes since I am feeling that you are not talking about a same topic.
                      Hi Rui.

                      Just to clarify something, this plane I photographed, is the actual 124 (but painted with tail number 115 as shown on the link I posted https://www.spottingmode.com/wro/location/18067/).
                      The real 115 is the one you are saying, the yellow painted that is located in Tanagra airbase, and it is still there cause I photographed it also last year and it still has that livery.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Felipe Garcia View Post

                        What does the issue with FR24 has to do with this? The hot photo guidelines are due to FR24's requirements for up to date photos
                        Hi Felipe, on the contrary, there are countless times that photos of preserved planes not having any photo in JP database (some mine and many many more from other users all around the world as I see in the site almost every day) are getting accepted as hot (easy to understand that by the dates of photo taken and photo uploaded).

                        Anyway, just wanted to clarify once again the reason I chose the "hot photo" for this one here. Nothing more to add here. Thanks for your time.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
                          ....

                          What is irrelevant about the fact that there's no reason benefit for us or FR to have priority screening for a photo that won't be displayed on FR anyway.... ?

                          Alex
                          I fully agree with your thoughts on the appeals. But honestly, I don't see what a hot photo has to do with FR24

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by mahagonny View Post
                            I don't see what a hot photo has to do with FR24
                            Most likely to make sure, that an aircraft without an image gets it as soon as possible.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Yes this is obvious, but I also believe that if an airplane is not present in the Jp database it is right that this is hot regardless of whether it is functional to FR24

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X