Canon 20-35 USM lens...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canon 20-35 USM lens...

Has anyone tried this lens? I think I may buy it for landscapes/portraits as it has a nice wide 32mm to nice portrait 56mm range. I would get a Sigma 15-30, but it's just a wee bit out of my price range...

-clovis

Or you could save your money up for a while and wait till the 28-300 L IS comes out instead of buying all these other random lenses.

Just a thought

Comment

28x1.6=44

Actually I'm going to try and save for the Sigma 15-30 EX, I have heard very good things about it.

-Clovis

Comment

The Tamron 17-35 F/2.8-4 is supposed to be very good as well

Comment

I have a Tamron 20-35mm f3.5-4.5. Despite being quite cheap it is very good. All-metal built, very resistent and a super fast AF. You should check this one out too.
          greetings,
          Philip

Comment

Yeah, I think now I want something wider. Never know when you may need it Sigma 15-30 sounds like a good one...still researching though.

-Clovis

Comment

Clovis, do yourself a favour and nip up to Samys on Fairfax and get yourself a Canon 17-40L - you won't regret it.

Andy

Comment

17-40L...is also one of my considerations. But at the wide end there is a big difference between 15 and 17...will see what money I can come up with before leaving to Europe at the end of June.

Have any plans for the summer Andy?

-Clovis

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
                  Or you could save your money up for a while and wait till the 28-300 L IS comes out instead of buying all these other random lenses.
                  Why put all your eggs in one basket. I'm probably going to get a lens later this year to cover the gap between my 18-55 and my 75-300, That will give me a total of 4 lens.[/quote]

Comment

Seeing that 28mm isn't wide angle, I don't know why he would do that.

I am looking at similar lenses for my D100. I love the Sigma 12-24.

Comment

Working...
                    X